Amani 64: CPLD Shield Open BETA TEST

Hello Everyone! I've created a CPLD-based Arduino-compatable controller that is shield stackable or can function stand-alone. I'm opening it up for beta testing for those who are interested. Please visit my site for more details: http://majolsurf.net/wordpress

The Amani 64:

In short, The Amani 64 is a low-cost entry-level CPLD development kit, stackable with the Arduino, other Amanis, and Arduino-compatible shields. As the project grows, higher-density variants of the board will become available, including FPGAs. Also available for test are application-specific interface modules as well as a low-cost USB-based JTAG programmer. The project potential for this board ist limited to the imagination. While a capable stand-alone controller, the board is "multi-stackable" thus allowing for a data-bus to be created between the Arduino, multiple Amanis, and shields on the PB/PD connectors. Additional I/O is available on the front ports to pass data to external devices. The board is compatable with both 3.3V and 5V devices.

I'm pretty excited about it and think Arduino fans will be too. I'm happy to be in the beta test phase so I can get feedback from folks in the field and free up my time to play with it more. Please contact me here or at the email address posted at my site if you are interested!

Thanks!

-Eric

count me in.

This sounds exciting. Are there any projects using the CPLD to create video?

Hi Chuck,

I have VGA projects running on this board, but not video like NTSC, composite or component video. What type of video project are you looking to work with? Maybe I can help...

By the way this shield is out of beta test and is now for sale. Certain parts are currently on order but I do have PCB's on hand if interested.

Thanks!

Eric

I've spent the last 2+ years researching different parts for a single board computer and this shield is attractive because it can do video. It isn't easy getting chips made so I started researching microcontrollers and that is why I am here.

The 6502 and 65C816 are 5 volts so products in the Arduino line are attractive.

I have programming experience but I haven't used an Arduino before but I plan on getting one next month.

I let other users on 6502.org know about your product and this site.

Hi Chuck,

For any kind of high-res type video work I suggest the Amani GT... It's capable of carrying an SRAM daughter card for video canvas creation. If interested have the users contact me and I can work with them on how to do it...

Which Arduino board would work best for the GT?

Uno, Duemilinove, Mega, Pro, Bluetooth... anything with the arduino headers.