Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Duty cycle  (Read 12223 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi to all!
I'm trying to make a device with one input and two outputs. The input receives a rectangular signal whose frequency is from 1 to 100 Hz. before the output is activated when the duty cycle is less than 40%, if it is higher than 60% the second is 1. If there is no signal or if the signal is squared, the two outputs to 0,what the program I should use for this device .. THANKs

California
Faraday Member
View Profile

what the program I should use for this device ..

One that does what you describe. What have you tried?

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

Hi to all!
I'm trying to make a device with one input and two outputs. The input receives a rectangular signal whose frequency is from 1 to 100 Hz. before the output is activated when the duty cycle is less than 40%, if it is higher than 60% the second is 1. If there is no signal or if the signal is squared, the two outputs to 0,what the program I should use for this device .. THANKs

The one you create and write for the arduino. The board does nothing if you don't program it to do what you wish.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Use the pulseIn( ) command to measure the high and low times of the signal.
Add the two together to determine the period,
compare one to the period to determine the duty cycle.
Once you know those, digitalWrite (pinX, HIGH); or digitalWrite (pinX, LOW); for the outputs.

Start at the Reference tab and Learning tab above.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Please don't cross post. Especially when your original topic is already being discussed.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

View Profile

Hi to all!
I'm trying to make a device with one input and two outputs. The input receives a rectangular signal whose frequency is from 1 to 100 Hz. before the output is activated when the duty cycle is less than 40%, if it is higher than 60% the second is 1. If there is no signal or if the signal is squared, the two outputs to 0, How can I write this program foe arduino .. THANKs

View Profile

thanks   CrossRoads

Forum Moderator
ਪੰਜਾਬ
Edison Member
Another year! Alone! :(
View Profile

please also don't copy and paste the same thing.

"Real Men can Accomplish  Anything"
-  Website  

ਫ਼ਤੇਹ ਕਰੂਂ !

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: