Go Down

Topic: which servomotor ? (Read 943 times) previous topic - next topic

aalex

Hi,

I was wondering I someone had a servomotor to recommand for using it with the Arduino ? Are there any that would simply work with the PWM outpins ? I am looking for an inexpansive one. :)

thanks !!
Alexandre Quessy

Daniel

Hi,

I was wondering I someone had a servomotor to recommand for using it with the Arduino ? Are there any that would simply work with the PWM outpins ? I am looking for an inexpansive one. :)

thanks !!

The easiest ones to use are those designed for radio-controlled airplanes and cars. they have the driver electronics built in, so all you have to do is connect three pins to them: +5V, Gnd and the PWM signal form the Arduino.

The regulator on the Arduino board will power one motor comfortably-- for more than that you will have to build an external power supply with a 7805 regulator.

Here is an example of the R/C variety of servo motors,and here is a page explaining how they work. The cost is usually about $15CAD/12USD/10Euros.. or thereabouts. Look for them in a local hobby store.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy