For debugging purpose, I needed manipulating LEDS so I can easily set LEDs on/off according to events in any of my Arduino programs. To simplify my life, I implemented a little package to manipulate cascaded 595 shift registers which are so useful to manage arrays of LEDs.
The package allows:
- to set On/Off all LEDs
- to set on/off a specific LED
- to exclusively set on/off a specific LED
- to shift the LED patterns left/right
- to negate the LED patterns left/right
- to manipulate the LED patterns globally, per shift register, or for all shift registers in parallel
- and more to come...!
I will also write a better sample code as well as a documentation soon!
Find the source files on: https://github.com/alinagithub/LibShift595Arduino