Go Down

Topic: Arduino on Linux FC5: gui errors! (Read 706 times) previous topic - next topic

Hello,

I am really excited to use this board but i can't get it up and running. I get the happy green light and /sev/ttyUSB0 shows up when I plug in the board, but...

First my system:
AMD64 laptop running Fedora Core 5 in i386 mode
My kernel is 2.6.16-1.2080.13.rrt.rhfc5.ccrma #1 PREEMPT

I followed the directions here to get avr-gcc and other tools installed (not that i am exactly with avr-gcc is compaired to regular gcc).
Also I added DIRAVR=/usr/local (as all the tools are in /usr/local/bin) and CLASSPATH=/usr/java/jre1.5.0_07/bin:/usr/java/jre1.5.0_07/lib/rt.jar

I downloaded the arduino IDE via svn and built it (and got a bunch of messages that looked like warnings about non-determinant values).

Now I run the run.sh script and I get a file dialog but no files are listed (even though the all files (*.*) selector is selected).
Moreover, when I try to specify the file explicitly within the dialog a directory structure is created within the work directory. For example if my "sketch" is /home/wade/Pd_firmware.pde a directory is created /home/wade/trunk/build/linux/work/null/home/wade/Pd_firmware.pde/

Is there a way to debug this gui so I can see where things are breaking down?
I am so excited to use this board I think I am gonna wet myself!!!

Thanks everyone for the help!
-thewade

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy