Go Down

Topic: gsmAccess.begin() problem (Read 3948 times) previous topic - next topic

simone rey

Often, the sketch stop on "gsmAccess.begin(PINNUMBER)" instruction... But if I make the phone call rings so there is no network problem. Library problems??? Help me. Thank You.

Simone

DAHANS

I have the same problem, I try to unite everybody who has this problem to the same post, so we can search together for a solution.

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=247184.0
"DO I DETECT A NOTE OF UNSEASONAL GRUMPINESS? said Death. NO SUGAR PIGGYWIGGY FOR YOU, ALBERT."
? Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

davidgoth

Replace line "GSM gsmAccess();" with "GSM gsmAccess(true);" to activate debug mode.

DAHANS

This will only print out the AT-Commands, the Problem will still occur, and the Output will be CREG: 0,2 or something like this, the problem is that the GSM library doesn't have a catch or something for this case so it won't return anything, neither GSM_READY nor ERROR or anything, thus crashing the whole sketch without being stopped.
"DO I DETECT A NOTE OF UNSEASONAL GRUMPINESS? said Death. NO SUGAR PIGGYWIGGY FOR YOU, ALBERT."
? Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

lhanly

I am having what appears to be the same problem. I have tried two different SIM's, one being the Telefonica M2M which came with the Shield and the other another data SIM tested in another product.

Its a new Shield which I received today and I have tried several of the sample projects.

The gsmAccess.begin never returns and hangs, I am Monitoring the serial port, only once and last message received:
"GSM networks while not Connected" :~

// Default no SIM
// Start GSM shield
  // If your SIM has PIN, pass it as a parameter of begin() in quotes
  while(notConnected)
  {
    Serial.println("GSM networks while not Connected");
    if(gsmAccess.begin(PINNUMBER)==GSM_READY)
      notConnected = false;
    else
    {
      Serial.println("Not connected");
      delay(3000);
    }

I have a similar problem in the example's SendSMS sketch. I have a SIM900 with Mega and I have configured by bending pin 2 and using a jumper between pins 2 and 10.
However, it gets stuck at " gsmAccess.begin(PINNUMBER) " line of the code. When I enabled debugging on gsmAccess, the serial monitor shows "AT%13%".
Does anyone have any suggestions that I could try to solve this?

lhanly

Hello,

I still cannot get this resolved, just wondering did anyone else make any progress on this?

Regards,
Lewis

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy