Go Down

Topic: "L" LED, newbie problem (Read 2295 times) previous topic - next topic

Hi,

I've been going through the Arduino "get started" tutorial with a new arduino USB board I borrowed from my school.  I'm running a Macbook Pro, Arduino 0007 Alpha, and I just got the latest USB driver.  However, all I'm getting out of the board is a constant blink from the "L" LED, at a rate of around 3 Hz or so (in addition to the power LED).  I've been attempting to load the led_blink test; whenever I press the reset button on the board the mad blinking stops for about 10 seconds, then resumes.  I've been trying various timings on when I hit the verify button, but nothing seems to make a difference.  This is essentially the message I get every time:

Binary sketch size: 3676 bytes (of a 7168 byte maximum)

No errors.  I read on another recent thread about similar (but not identical) problems, and some of them were just faulty boards - if you think that may be the case with me I can try borrowing a different board.  (I'd like to buy one but first I'd like to get one of these working first.)

Thanks for any ideas!  Looking forward to making this work so I can start doing more.

Digger450

Try the "upload" button after pressing the reset button.  "Verify" simply does what it says and verifies the sketch.

a-Ha!  I had a feeling it was something simple.  :)  Thanks, seems to be working now.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy