Go Down

Topic: wifi dont work (almost) (Read 715 times) previous topic - next topic

sulf

Hi, I have a big big problem. In order to improve my system I add a sensor "made in house". A 220v relay with a 1k resistor connect to gnd and before the resistor a wire plugged in yun pin10. Tested it works with the pin13 led. Then I write sketch to send sensor value to http://arduinoip/arduino/status/1. It worked, then i make my android app get the value and it worked. Everything was perfect on the day when... I realized that when i send one order to arduino, in a few seconds my phone lost wifi connection. And never find again until I poweroff-poweron the board. Sometimes i can make two orders sometimes one only but always finnish with the wifi interface down. I reset the board (wifi rst 30+ seconds) but its still malfunctionning. Some idea why is this happen? I have two yuns and all makes the same. Maybe my sensor was wrong and burn the board? Not sure, because wifi works. My sketch and android app arent the problem. I reverse to previous version and yun is still failing. And the last reason is that the wifi fail occurs when i get my browser go to http://ip/arduino/some/order (same that my app do). May i have to buy another yun? Of course i wont plug the sensor :) Maybe is overheated the reason why wifi is failing? I have no more ideas.

Greetings and sorry about my poor english.

Federico Fissore

I'm not sure I got it: your yun is in access point mode and your phone loses connection with wifi "arduino yun xyz" ?
Have you upgraded the Yún? If you've just got it, then it needs to be upgraded! Check out the tutorial

sulf

Jun 17, 2014, 12:00 am Last Edit: Jun 17, 2014, 12:02 am by sulf Reason: 1
yes it is in ap mode and my phone doesnt lost the connection, the yun interface go down. Making test-error I get the problem but i dont know why. I have a 4 relay board. I have two output pin that works perfect. With home made sensor also works but the third pin connected to 3 relay make wifi crash. I try with all connected and I comment the three sentences in my sketch refering to that port and dont crash. The third relay is first relay negative, example of my code is:
digitalWrite(11, high); digitalWrite(10, high);  or digitalWrite(11, low); digitalWrite(10, low);  The 11 sentences works but the 10's not. I lie, yes it works my relay led light up but wifi crashes. More debugging i cant do! The last idea i had is that from +5v pin I power 220v relay and the 4relay board with the same wire (one wire two connectors I made) I think that it wouldnt be the problem but  now is the only thing i see that may cause wifi crash...

PS: I also have tested from pin 10 to 6, changing the wire and plugging in the forth relay (The one that is empty)

Federico Fissore

Could it be a power issue? Maybe your project is draining too much current from the yun?
Have you upgraded the Yún? If you've just got it, then it needs to be upgraded! Check out the tutorial

sulf

Yes, 30 minutes before reading of the draft order of career I solved the issue. I was powering yun with a 220v to usb converter that output 1A. Now I change the supply with one that output 2A and it worked!!

Thank you!

Go Up