Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Java programming  (Read 2525 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Im interested in the arduino. but my programming backgroud is in java. Can the arduino be programmed using java?

Forum Administrator
Cambridge, MA
Faraday Member
View Profile

Nope.  If you really want to write Java, you could use the Firmata and Processing Arduino library: http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Interfacing/Processing, but it shouldn't be too hard to handle the C/C++ you need to program the Arduino directly.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

thanks for the info. i checked the firmata page(http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Interfacing/Firmata) but theres no mention about the java language.
if you dont mind could you give some detailed instructions on how to interface it with java?

another question if im using java i would be able to program the arduino board right?.as in i upload the code i  did in my java compiler and when i disconnect the computer from the board, and the arduino will keep that code in memory and work by itself without the computer right?. i dont want it to fucntion just as a data aquisition device

might seem a silly question but im a noob

Perth, Australia
DuinoStamp :)
View Profile

Im interested in the arduino. but my programming backgroud is in java. Can the arduino be programmed using java?

If you are fluent in Java, then programming in C/C++ is not going to be that hard for you. The syntax is very similar and all you really need to learn are the calls for the specific libraries you will be using. Don't be phased by the fact that you have never programmed in C/C++.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

yeh i went through the C code i guess its easier to learn that rather than implementing java to the arduino.
thanks delta:)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: