Go Down

Topic: MaxSerial & USB to Serial (Read 543 times) previous topic - next topic

Daught

I just got a MaxSerial and a USB to Serial converter from spiffie.org. I am trying to connect  the USB to Serial converter to the board RS232 connector. I figured RX is pin 2, TX is pin 3, 5 is gnd. Does the power from the converter go to pin 4 of MaxSerial connector?

Daniel2

not certain on this, but I don't think you need to pass power from the serial interface to the board. You do need to power the board on its own while programming it.

kg4wsv

The spiffie usb/serial converter should be able to power the board just fine.  you'll need all 4 pins, though: even if you don't power it with the adapter, you certainly need the common ground to comminucate.

-j

spiffed

Hopefully a picture will help:

Basically, just plug the USB-TTL board into pins 0 and 1 of the MaxSerial, then connect the ground points. You'll need to power the board externally somehow.

Sorry for the late response, I've been away all weekend.
iDuino - MaxSerial - [url=http://spi

Daught

Thank you. Just to let everyone know I am very satisfied with spiffed's product. His stuff is great, I was a bit clueless.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy