Go Down

Topic: getting it working (Read 301 times) previous topic - next topic

Mahnmut

when I try to upload the blinking led program to my arduino I get the following error:

avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x0000
        0x0c != 0x00
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch

Im working on a pc with a amd 3500+ on Windows XP 64 bits
I checked all the points in the faq and troubleshooting but I still get this error.
Got the lastest drivers installed for the usb to serial chip.

When I upload and then press the reset button the tx and rx leds do flicker a bit over and over and then I get the error.

I searched for the error on the forum but couldnt find a post that gave me the answer.

Thanks,
Johan

mewControl

bump

Someone must have an answer to this or some insight.  I am seeing the same thing.

avrdude: verification error, frst mismatch at byte 0x0000
0x0c != 0x00
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch

I had a working program.  Shut off the arduino, tore up the prototype, made a new circuit, wrote a test program, turned on arduino and got this upon upload attempt.

Mahnmut

think I found it out myself. I had this with an arduino NG with an old bootloader. Ordered a Decimilia which allready has the right bootloader an everything works.

mewControl

Thanks for following up.  Although a new chip may have solved the problem, unfortunately it doesn't explain what was going on.  

Also unfortunately for me, it doesn't apply in my case.  I have a Diecimilia which was working one moment and literally not the next.  I will start a new thread so as to leave yours intact even though you got no replies exccept mine and yours.   :'(   ;D

Mahnmut

ghehe, well goodluck, I know almost nothing of the technical problem. Just used the arduino for a project because it's so easy to start with, when I got the new one everything worked and I just had to program it  :)

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy