Go Down

Topic: Hello, its ..... here ringing you from Windows, to tell you that you have a .... (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

Boardburner2

What ? You ring me up in the middle of the night and accuse me of posessing one of the devils toys ????

I have a mac.

Chagrin

My father (y'know, parents and computers and all that that implies) received one of these calls and contacted me about it.  It actually took me a few moments to realize there's no way they could have gotten his phone number given that he's using his neighbor's WIFI for his internet connection.

TomGeorge

Hi, the neighbours WiFI hmmmmm..
I can usually "see" four other WiFi networks here, one is the Primary School in the next block  and three others at certain times of the day, one looks like it belongs to a Chemist/Pharmacist/DrugStore, (hope I covered all international names) but I don't have one anywhere near. So must be a network link I can see, or there business office is nearby.

Anyhow in a week or so NBN (National Broadband Network) will be connected, eventually Australia will have a bigger broadband network than Rumania!!!!!!!  So the advertisers and pro broadbanders say.

Tom..... :)

Just waiting for my Vindows freind to ring this evening, no sign yet, but I'm about to have tea so he will ring soon.
Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running......VK3DMK

Henry_Best

Hi, the neighbours WiFI hmmmmm..
I can usually "see" four other WiFi networks here, one is the Primary School in the next block  and three others at certain times of the day, one looks like it belongs to a Chemist/Pharmacist/DrugStore, (hope I covered all international names) but I don't have one anywhere near. So must be a network link I can see, or there business office is nearby.

Anyhow in a week or so NBN (National Broadband Network) will be connected, eventually Australia will have a bigger broadband network than Rumania!!!!!!!  So the advertisers and pro broadbanders say.
But bigger doesn't always mean better. Last year my ISP changed my download speed from 30Mbs to 60Mbs, at no extra cost. Last month they changed it to 100Mbs, again at no extra cost. I tested it the other day and got 105Mbs! Upload speed is about 5.5Mbs. Pity I can't type that fast without my fingers melting.  :)
Just waiting for my Vindows freind to ring this evening, no sign yet, but I'm about to have tea so he will ring soon.
Will you be VERY disappointed if he doesn't call?  =(  :smiley-roll:

lesto

we have something called (rougly translated) "opposition repository". If you register your PUBLIC (is has to be already on the public telephone's list) there, it is illegal to call you for promtional purpoise, and law hit very hard; just start to say "oppo*click-tuuuuuu*"
sei nuovo? non sai da dove partire? leggi qui: http://playground.arduino.cc/Italiano/Newbie

Go Up