Go Down

Topic: Question about FAQ and Open Hardware. (Read 3558 times) previous topic - next topic

retrolefty

When I was young... the only "Solid State devices were lead sulphide or Galena "Cat whisker" detectors for AM broadcast band "Crystal Radio's", Some selenium and copper oxide rectifiers were just coming in vogue as replacements for Tungar or mercury vapor rectifiers..
This was in 1956 I was 10 years old then... How old were You?

Doc

I'm just a year younger then you and I recall the CK-722 transistor being available around '57-'58, for $8 as I recall. Ordered one from Allied Electronics.

AlessioG

Maybe the church is looking into diversification?

I realize this forum category is essentially the lint trap of Arduino's community, but I am amazed at how lenient the owners and mods are here WRT permitting threads to exist which have absolutely no practical worth at all.  (Just an idle observation.)

Not open source due to commercial ICs..   Indeed.  It's never free enough, is it?   :smiley-roll:

Correct, Ugggly englishman. Yes , is never free enough.  ]:D.

AWOL

Correct, Ugggly englishman.

Last time I looked, Anchorage was not in any of Her Majesty's Overseas Dominions, Possessions and Territories.
If anything, last time it was owned by anyone, it was by a Tzar.
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

AlessioG

Last time I looked, Anchorage was not in any of Her Majesty's Overseas Dominions, Possessions and Territories.

Your queen is their queen...
So for transitive relations of englishitude you are all englishman. :smiley-yell:

SirNickity

I feel like we're being trolled by a Turing test.

Hey Alessio, what's 32 divided by 0?

AlessioG

I feel like we're being trolled by a Turing test.

Hey Alessio, what's 32 divided by 0?

Henry_Best

Technically, since the Tzar sold it, it belongs to the buyer. And I agree that it is not, nor has it ever been, British.

SirNickity

We've been meaning to talk to you guys about that for a while.  It seems to still have some English weather patterns.  In particular, a nasty habit of being gorgeous and sunny during work hours, only to cloud over and start raining by quiting time.  (Anchorage is a coastal town... hence the name.)

Henry_Best

We've been meaning to talk to you guys about that for a while.  It seems to still have some English weather patterns.  In particular, a nasty habit of being gorgeous and sunny during work hours, only to cloud over and start raining by quiting time.  (Anchorage is a coastal town... hence the name.)
Don't worry. We'll be sending the bill for that weather, shortly.  :)

Go Up