Go Down

Topic: Free virtual Uno simulation environment (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

stanjsimmons

Jun 27, 2014, 08:27 pm Last Edit: Jun 28, 2014, 04:21 am by stanjsimmons Reason: 1
Hi Everyone:

I have now released version 1.0 of my UnoArduSim simulator for WIndows.
This simulator allows you to test and debug many Uno programs without needing any of the the actual hardware. You can connect virtual I/O devices to a virtual Uno on a virtual lab bench, load and modify your program, and run, run-to, halt, step into, step-over, and step-out-of while viewing all local and global variables/arrays/objects. Full details and download at  www.sites.google.com/site/unoardusim/
Enjoy!
Stan Simmons

JimboZA

Jun 27, 2014, 08:34 pm Last Edit: Jun 27, 2014, 08:39 pm by JimboZA Reason: 1
Ooooo... downloading as we speak.

Thanks.

edit.... well blink works  :). That's really good stuff.
No PMs for help please. Not active on this forum any more.

CrossRoads

How does it handle complex external hardware? That's where all the fun happens.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

stanjsimmons

Jun 28, 2014, 04:19 am Last Edit: Jul 02, 2014, 06:07 pm by stanjsimmons Reason: 1
A good point -- UnoArduSim sure can't simulate any oddball faults/bugs inside your specific external hardware I/O device, but by attaching the corresponding UnoArduSim "fault-free" IO device you can tell you if your code is the problem. The  limited set of these virtual IO devices and supported libraries (which could be expanded in a following release) will hopefully be sufficient for most users, and if your particular device is not supported yet, you can try temporarily commenting-out/replacing the section of code that accesses it so that you can still test the other parts of your program.
Stan Simmons

Go Up