Go Down

Topic: Dual sim (Read 305 times) previous topic - next topic

MrMr

Hi

Have anyone succesfully used arduino with dual sim?

I need to send a sms when i get a input on the arduino. But because it is very unstable, i need 2 have 2 sim cards. Does anyone know of a simlar project that have written about it?

holmes4

What do you mean by "unstable". Why do you think a dual sim would fix it? Sounds like you have a hardware problem, power, bad wiring or something.

Start there.

Mark

MrMr

What do you mean by "unstable". Why do you think a dual sim would fix it? Sounds like you have a hardware problem, power, bad wiring or something.

Start there.

Mark

Hi

Thank you for the answer. I am sorry i was not clear in my post. The problem is not hardware related, but the GSM network that is unstable. So the dual sim will help, because it will use 2 diffrent GSM networks.

Nick_Pyner

Have anyone succesfully used arduino with dual sim?

I haven't done it, but it should not be a problem. The typical SIM board has jumper to use software serial or hardware serial. Therefore you should be able to simply stack two differently-configured shields. If you were desperate enough you could continue the saga with more shields

Zapro

Have a look at this circuit, if it works with a SD-card, it will work with a SIM too.
http://hackaday.com/2014/06/08/the-in-circuit-sd-card-switch/

Simply, power down the GSM modem, switch the card and power it on again.

If the GSM modem has a pin for signaling "Sim-card-holder open" you could use that too, signaling the GSM modem that the card was removed and re-inserted, without powering down the modem.

// Per.

MrMr

Have a look at this circuit, if it works with a SD-card, it will work with a SIM too.
http://hackaday.com/2014/06/08/the-in-circuit-sd-card-switch/

Simply, power down the GSM modem, switch the card and power it on again.

If the GSM modem has a pin for signaling "Sim-card-holder open" you could use that too, signaling the GSM modem that the card was removed and re-inserted, without powering down the modem.

// Per.

Thank you. I will look into that. Think it is what i am looking for.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy