Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Looking for Arduino developper  (Read 2199 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi,

I have a little project to complete , this is not original dev it consists in modifying existing ones ..
Estimate 2/3h to complete, will pay something for it. If works fine will have other projects...
PM if you wish to help. Thank you

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

2/3h as in 40 minutes? Or 2 to 3 hours?

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

View Profile

2 to 3 hours smiley-wink nothing is done in 40 minutes ... well.. some do , but I'm not looking for these ones  smiley-twist
There are 2 sketches to put in the same and a button to replace par rotary button, and lot of screens to remove (putting them on the same)

Logroño - Spain
View Profile

You know the rule: for every project that involvs software, just proceed this way:

1) Take the estimate and change the unit to the next bigger one: 2 - 3 hrs  ----> 2 - 3 days.

2) Square it: 2 -> 4; 3 -> 9.

So, expected time to developp it: 4 to 9 days. smiley-twist

Regards

View Profile

hehe smiley-wink you want to give a try gaston? PM your email! I will forward you

I used to be a developper in old times ...  smiley-roll at the dawn of JAVA , but I'm really not involved anymore

Belgium
Edison Member
Arduino rocks; but with my plugin it can fly rocking the world ;-)
View Profile

2 to 3 hours smiley-wink nothing is done in 40 minutes ... well.. some do , but I'm not looking for these ones  smiley-twist
There are 2 sketches to put in the same and a button to replace par rotary button, and lot of screens to remove (putting them on the same)
Maybe you should read that last phrase again (the todo). Do the work in your head and ask yourself: "Is this possible to do in 2 to 3 hours".
And then: "How long will I need to explain what I need to the programmer?"
I'm sure vffgaston his estimates are far closer to reality tan yours.

Best regards
Jantje

Do not PM me a question unless you are prepared to pay for consultancy.
Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -

Logroño - Spain
View Profile

I used to be a developper in old times ...  smiley-roll at the dawn of JAVA , but I'm really not involved anymore

When I finished my degree I "didn't recognize a computer from a chocolate tablet" (old -and opportunetly translated to english- spanish adage).

Then I learned (consecutively and -sometimes- simultaneously) code machine & assembler (8085/8086), basic (several dialects), pascal, dBase, (sure I forget some) and, finally C (arduino C, in fact).

Belive me: change units and square it. smiley-wink

Regards.

View Profile

And then: "How long will I need to explain what I need to the programmer?"
Best regards
Jantje

I did. I compiled the program, started a few mods.

I'm sure vffgaston his estimates are far closer to reality tan yours.
I'm sure not. I used to be involved even as my first job in dev, I'm able to make such estimations
And if it takes more than 3h, that's not an issue. Either I like the job and we go on (and for further projects), either I consider coming back to code. But I'm so busy right now for learning a new stuff... I will, but I need to have a prototype earlier than it

View Profile

What do you need for? Sketches, PC application, buttons. Explain and we will estimate.

View Profile

sensor values are displayed on 2 screens. I want to change font (smaller) for them to be on the same screen (128x64 oled)
Then remove button function for rotary (to set a value)

Shelby Township, Disco, Michigan
View Profile

I've done programs for companies 30 years ago. They seem to add things as fast as you program them.
Get paid by the hour is only way to go.

Logroño - Spain
View Profile

I've done programs for companies 30 years ago. They seem to add things as fast as you program them.
Get paid by the hour is only way to go.

I did so (and have the same experience). The only effective way I know is to write the specifications down in a paper. It makes no difference if it is a formal contract or a bar paper napkin. (And it's much better if you repeat some of them than if they are poorly specified).

(The subject suggest me another ethnic discussion -I'm spaniard-: I thought this -improvising- was a national sport. Is not it?). smiley-confuse

Regards

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: