Go Down

Topic: Looking for Arduino developper (Read 2634 times) previous topic - next topic

arthurie

Hi,

I have a little project to complete , this is not original dev it consists in modifying existing ones ..
Estimate 2/3h to complete, will pay something for it. If works fine will have other projects...
PM if you wish to help. Thank you

CrossRoads

2/3h as in 40 minutes? Or 2 to 3 hours?
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

arthurie

2 to 3 hours ;) nothing is done in 40 minutes ... well.. some do , but I'm not looking for these ones  ]:D
There are 2 sketches to put in the same and a button to replace par rotary button, and lot of screens to remove (putting them on the same)

vffgaston

You know the rule: for every project that involvs software, just proceed this way:

1) Take the estimate and change the unit to the next bigger one: 2 - 3 hrs  ----> 2 - 3 days.

2) Square it: 2 -> 4; 3 -> 9.

So, expected time to developp it: 4 to 9 days. ]:D

Regards

arthurie

hehe ;) you want to give a try gaston? PM your email! I will forward you

I used to be a developper in old times ...  :smiley-roll: at the dawn of JAVA , but I'm really not involved anymore

Jantje

2 to 3 hours ;) nothing is done in 40 minutes ... well.. some do , but I'm not looking for these ones  ]:D
There are 2 sketches to put in the same and a button to replace par rotary button, and lot of screens to remove (putting them on the same)

Maybe you should read that last phrase again (the todo). Do the work in your head and ask yourself: "Is this possible to do in 2 to 3 hours".
And then: "How long will I need to explain what I need to the programmer?"
I'm sure vffgaston his estimates are far closer to reality tan yours.

Best regards
Jantje
Do not PM me a question unless you are prepared to pay for consultancy.
Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -

vffgaston

I used to be a developper in old times ...  smiley-roll at the dawn of JAVA , but I'm really not involved anymore

When I finished my degree I "didn't recognize a computer from a chocolate tablet" (old -and opportunetly translated to english- spanish adage).

Then I learned (consecutively and -sometimes- simultaneously) code machine & assembler (8085/8086), basic (several dialects), pascal, dBase, (sure I forget some) and, finally C (arduino C, in fact).

Belive me: change units and square it. ;)

Regards.

arthurie

And then: "How long will I need to explain what I need to the programmer?"
Best regards
Jantje

I did. I compiled the program, started a few mods.

I'm sure vffgaston his estimates are far closer to reality tan yours.

I'm sure not. I used to be involved even as my first job in dev, I'm able to make such estimations
And if it takes more than 3h, that's not an issue. Either I like the job and we go on (and for further projects), either I consider coming back to code. But I'm so busy right now for learning a new stuff... I will, but I need to have a prototype earlier than it

Ardulink

What do you need for? Sketches, PC application, buttons. Explain and we will estimate.

arthurie

sensor values are displayed on 2 screens. I want to change font (smaller) for them to be on the same screen (128x64 oled)
Then remove button function for rotary (to set a value)

steinie44

I've done programs for companies 30 years ago. They seem to add things as fast as you program them.
Get paid by the hour is only way to go.

vffgaston

I've done programs for companies 30 years ago. They seem to add things as fast as you program them.
Get paid by the hour is only way to go.

I did so (and have the same experience). The only effective way I know is to write the specifications down in a paper. It makes no difference if it is a formal contract or a bar paper napkin. (And it's much better if you repeat some of them than if they are poorly specified).

(The subject suggest me another ethnic discussion -I'm spaniard-: I thought this -improvising- was a national sport. Is not it?). :~

Regards

Go Up