Go Down

Topic: OpenCV on Yun (Read 283 times) previous topic - next topic

Grum

Hi All

Before purchasing, I would like to know some opinions on running OpenCV on the embedded linux chip of the Arduino Yun?

I have a project which would require some object detection. This is happily working using a laptop and webcam. However I would like to move this onto a linux embedded development board and send the results through a bridge or serial to an Arduino.

The Arduino Yun has everything I need on one board but I am concerned with the performance of image processing on the Yun with its apparent poor floating point performance. My other option is to have a separate more powerful development board (ie. BBB or Pi or maybe Udoo?! Bit expensive...) and send results to a small Arduino Mini for example. Most of the project I would prefer to have on an Arduino.

Any thoughts welcomed...

Regards

Graham

sonnyyu

I port OpenCV to Yun-Openwrt.  OpenCV is very cpu intensive application. if detection takes 0.2 sec at laptop. It could take  0.8 sec at Yun since it only has AR9331 CPU/400Mhz. The speed is only major issue.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy