Go Down

Topic: Dual axis tracker design (Read 874 times) previous topic - next topic

PeterH

1) Yes. The azimuth angle conceptually gives you an arrow along the ground which points towards the sun. The zenith/altitude angle tells you how far the sun is above the horizon. Together, the azimuth and zenith/altitude angles give you the information needed to point towards the sun in three dimensions.
2) Yes, but you need to understand that the zenith angle and altitude angle are two different ways to express the same thing - zenith angle is the angle down from vertical, and altitude angle is the angle up from horizontal.
3) Your English is a bit mangled but if I understand you correctly then yes, this is correct.

If you want to validate your calculated azimuth and zenith/altitude angle then do the calculation for the current time and position, and see whether the result correctly points to the sun.
I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

AMPS-N

Now all points are cleared. How to check Whether postion i calculated is pointing toward the sun.Here iam attaching output xls i got from nrel .

If i am wrong let me know.
AMPS

PeterH

How to check Whether postion i calculated is pointing toward the sun.Here iam attaching output xls i got from nrel .

If i am wrong let me know.

The zenith and azimuth columns for the rows you highlighted look credible for a position in the southern hemisphere that was within about eight degrees of the equator, with dawn slightly before 06:00 and dusk slightly before 19:00. You could verify them yourself just by checking whether each pair of figures accurately reflects the position of the sun at that time.
I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

AMPS-N

Code: [Select]
The zenith and azimuth columns for the rows you highlighted look credible for a position in the southern hemisphere that was within about eight degrees of the equator, with dawn slightly before 06:00 and dusk slightly before 19:00. You could verify them yourself just by checking whether each pair of figures accurately reflects the position of the sun at that time.

is there any software to check it so i can verify answer.
AMPS

jremington

If the sun is shining, check whether the angles point toward it.
"It seems to run on some form of electricity"

Go Up