Go Down

Topic: Nick Gammon (Read 11730 times) previous topic - next topic

nickgammon

Hi everyone!!!

I am currently working on a project, i go straight ahead sirs...

I just want to display my received sms into my monitor,lcd monitor using vga, how will i do that, i am having trouble with sprintf();please help me
See: Is my signature difficult to understand?

This guy is now the third one today.
Please post technical questions on the forum, not by personal message. Thanks!

More info: http://www.gammon.com.au/electronics

PaulS

i am having trouble with sprintf();please help me
No code. Do description of what the trouble is. Nothing but a demand for help.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
The art of getting good answers lies in asking good questions.

Nishant_Sood

God Bless Nick Gammon!
"Real Men can Accomplish  Anything"

ਫ਼ਤੇਹ ਕਰੁਂ!
www.winacro.com

ChrisTenone

All I can say is: to the folks who can't be bothered to read the how to posts, or even take a minute to familiarize themselves to the forum, good luck with instructables. Y'all deserve each other.

On the other hand, if you put in at least a modicum of effort, the Arduino world will open up to you through this forum.

READ NICK'S POSTS AT THE TOP OF EVERY SUBFORUM!
What, I need to say something else too?

Delta_G

Jan 03, 2019, 08:55 pm Last Edit: Jan 03, 2019, 09:19 pm by Delta_G
After my last PM interaction with Nick I have to say I have a VERY different opinion of him.  I will just leave it at that.  If Mr. Gammon cares he can contact me again.  But last time we interacted he was quite the jerk and gave me a lot of flak over things he didn't even know what had gone on and hadn't even read the posts or seen the issue.  Just floated in and picked a side (the side of a convicted pedophile) and made his decision with zero knowledge of what had really transpired.   And while another mod was actually dealing with the situation in an appropriate way.  Not the behavior of one I'd like to praise. 

Through all of that only one mod CB ever stopped to ask what I was so upset about.  He is the only one who acted like an authority figure.  He is the only one who deserved any praise out of that. 

I'll probably get banned for this post again.  I know you guys handle dissent about as well as the North Korean government. 
|| | ||| | || | ||  ~Woodstock

Please do not PM with technical questions or comments.  Keep Arduino stuff out on the boards where it belongs.

ChrisTenone

I hope you don't get banned Delta, but isn't it time to leave that issue behind? The kid hasn't been active here for months.

Delta_G

Jan 03, 2019, 10:36 pm Last Edit: Jan 03, 2019, 10:37 pm by Delta_G
I hope you don't get banned Delta, but isn't it time to leave that issue behind? The kid hasn't been active here for months.
I have.  But I still have issue with the way ole Nick talked to me.  And I feel like if he is going to be praised here then I should be free to say that I don't think he is a good guy.  It's not about that kid.  It's about the way Nick dealt (or actually didn't deal) with me.  I accused him then of being soft but what he really was was lazy.  He just jumped to ban without even asking what was going on.   He was mad that I took issue with Rob Tillaart.  I took issue with him for good reason.  He was deleting my posts and ignoring my reports.  All I wanted was an explanation why.  And what I got was Nick with ZERO knowledge of what had transpired showing up in the middle of it and being an asshole to me. 

So yeah, I let that all go.  But I still think Nick Gammon deserves my ire.  And like I said, he can talk to me and we can sort it out.  But he won't because well who knows why.  He isn't interested in it.  And that's reason two that I don't think he is a very good person.  If I had shit on someone like that I would at least be man enough to account for my actions and not act like some little spoiled dictator brat with the only word. 

If you want to praise him then go ahead.  But I think he deserves my ire as much as any praise for anything he has written here. He is a douche and that's my personal opinion based on how he spoke to me. 

Please do not PM with technical questions or comments.  Keep Arduino stuff out on the boards where it belongs.

ChrisTenone

I get it. Some things are just the way they are. Sorry for your ire.

Delta_G

I get it. Some things are just the way they are. Sorry for your ire.
What I'm sorry for is that I'm just left with ire because the Great Gammon isn't man enough to talk to me.  This could be worked out.  If I had someone who felt I had done them as shitty as I feel ole Nick did me, I'd certainly want to work it out.  Just to be a good person.  But he isn't, and that's my point. 

But when authority goes to your head you seldom concern yourself with the little people.  If some get stepped on then that's just what happens.  Right? 

AWOL

Jan 04, 2019, 02:01 pm Last Edit: Jan 04, 2019, 02:01 pm by AWOL
Nick hasn't been on the forum for nearly six months now, the paedo somewhat less.

You really know how to bear a grudge, don't you?
"Pete, it's a fool (who) looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.
I speak for myself, not Arduino.

Delta_G

You really know how to bear a grudge, don't you?
It's not a grudge.  I just don't think he is a decent person and this thread was treating him like some kind of God cause he wrote a few tutorials.  I just wanted to say I don't think he is a very good guy. 

He is the one who left it open.  He could talk to me like a man or he can act like a little spoiled cop who let his badge go to his head.  Which one tells who he is.  I just wanted to share so anyone who sees all this glowing BS can also know what he is on a personal level. 

Robin2

Give it a rest.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Go Up