Go Down

Topic: AEDino - an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Trainer (Read 969 times) previous topic - next topic

Jul 26, 2014, 12:34 pm Last Edit: Jul 26, 2014, 02:30 pm by andythedoc Reason: 1
This post isn't intended to built a real AED (Automated External Defibrillator). AEDino is a dummy device for training.

Hello! I'm an ambulance technician, a BLSD and first aid instructor, a Red Cross operator and a future medical doctor. In the past, I was an aeronautical technician. Knowledge in medical field and hi-tech allowed me to design this cheapest full automated AED trainer based on Arduino board. I named this project AEDino in honor of famous Italian open-source hardware.
AED trainers aren't so cheap (minimum 200-400$ for a full automated one). To solve this problem, I realised my own for less than 50$.

My first AEDino (ver.1.0) is based on an Arduino Uno Rev.3 board connected to LPM11162, a voice module designed by Italian LP elettronica.

My mission is to save lives, so I decided to share this project for free. Creative commons licence . Make good (and non-commercial) use.

For schematics, sketch and other information, visit my personal website www.andreapastore.eu.
Any suggestion are welcome.
I'll post demonstrative videos and final project in a box as soon as possible.

I'm not native speaker, so excuse me for my imperfect English. Thank you!

Andrea Pastore

robtillaart

Great application !

Do you have a youtube or so to see the device working?

You should consider a creative commons license for your work to "prevent" derived work to be used commercially
- http://creativecommons.org/choose/ -
Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

Thank you for appreciation and suggestion.

Not already videos, but I'll shoot one as soon as possible.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy