Go Down

Topic: I killed the USB serial connection (Read 442 times) previous topic - next topic

mistergreen

Jul 21, 2014, 03:27 pm Last Edit: Jul 21, 2014, 04:49 pm by mistergreen Reason: 1
I confirmed that the USB port does provide power to the arduino but the desktop can't  find the  board.
It's an uno. Is there a way to fix it? Just for fun where do I check for shorts?

Have you tried another usb lead?
It is possible for a cable to go bad.  If only a data wire broke you would still get power.

mistergreen

I definitely killed the connection.  I tried different cables and computers. They see a working uno I have fine.
Just wondering if it's fixable by replacing some component.

It still works but can't upload new  code.

zaxarias

I definitely killed the connection.  I tried different cables and computers. They see a working uno I have fine.
Just wondering if it's fixable by replacing some component.

It still works but can't upload new  code.

What component?

Do you get a sync error?
If yes, is your board installed and visible through device manager ? Is IDE configured correctly?
z.p

retrolefty

Perform the loop back sketch test, that will determine if it's a serial USB problem or a bad 328 problem.

mistergreen

Device can't be found in the device manager or terminal. So it is a usb problem.
My computer can see my other working boards. I guess it goes in the trash. I can salvage the 328.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy