Go Down

Topic: AWind: GUI library for Arduino - TFT and OLED Displays (Read 47465 times) previous topic - next topic

AndreiDegtiarev

New version was released
Main features:
  • AWind is compatible at the same time with UTFT and Adafruit-GFX-Libraries now
  • Labels, text fields and charts are possible on cheap OLED 128x64 SPI displays
  • License was changed to Apache License, Version 2.0
  • Library initialization procedure was changed, see examples
  • New examples for OLED displays: DHT, Oscilloscope, Smart NiMH battery charger.

More information, more screenshots see in initial post of this thread or on GitHub
AWind: GUI library for Arduino - TFT Displays
https://github.com/AndreiDegtiarev/AWind

MauricioGuerrero

Hey Andrei,

I'm interested in using your library with an SSD1306 128x64 monochrome OLED from Adafruit. Is it necessary to include the UTFT.h when using an OLED panel? I ask because the UTFT library is pretty big and eats up a lot program space. I'm trying the GfxOLED_Oscilloscope example and the compiled code is too large for the UNO.

Thanks in advanced!

AndreiDegtiarev

Hey Andrei,

I'm interested in using your library with an SSD1306 128x64 monochrome OLED from Adafruit. Is it necessary to include the UTFT.h when using an OLED panel? I ask because the UTFT library is pretty big and eats up a lot program space. I'm trying the GfxOLED_Oscilloscope example and the compiled code is too large for the UNO.

Thanks in advanced!
Hey Mauricio,

Good news: you do not need UTFT library at all if you include DC_GfxOLED.h
Bad news: I'm not sure that the UNO's memory is big enough for AWind library.  You can try it and you will see in the log during compilation whether your sketch fit into UNO.
Personally, early I've used Mega and Due for my projects, now I use ESP32 - it is small, it is cheap, it has enough memory and it has enough pins (at least for me). If you do not need a lot off pins you can use also esp8266.

Andrei

AWind: GUI library for Arduino - TFT Displays
https://github.com/AndreiDegtiarev/AWind

Go Up