Go Down

Topic: 16U2 firmware (Read 203 times) previous topic - next topic

Coilgun

Hi,
I seem to have bricked my Arduino (Uno R3) because it lost it's USB controller drivers, both the 328p and the 16u2 can be controlled with an avrisp mkii, but i can't comunicate with the Arduino, because the PC won't recognize the Arduino, but power is on when connected over USB. So the problem seems to be the 16u2.
As I found out I have to write the Firmware to its flash, but i can't find it anywhere. (I'm using Atmel Studio to communicate with the chip)
Is there a possiblity rescue the chip?

CrossRoads

Did you look in the /arduino-1.0.5/hardware/arduino/firmwares/atmegaxxu2 folder?
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Coilgun

Jul 25, 2014, 09:36 pm Last Edit: Jul 25, 2014, 09:44 pm by Coilgun Reason: 1
I have tryed the file "Arduino-COMBINED-dfu-usbserial-atmega16u2-Uno-Rev3.hex", but then Windows recognizes a "Atmega16U2", but there is no com-port in the device manager.
But why is the original file not working as expected?

Edit: Ok this was the wrong file, it worked for me with the "UNO-dfu_and_usbserial_combined.hex"!
Thanks a lot!

CrossRoads

Don't know.  I use FTDI chip in my designs, no 2nd set of firmware to fool around with until I tackle IO that needs it.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy