Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Old sketch is not wiped  (Read 279 times)
Hi, I'm Richard and try to make use of the Arduino for connecting measuring devices to the computer. I'm working (officially retired ;-) in an ecological field station (see website) where I try to set up experiments for courses for high school students.
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi,
I'm quite new here and already ran into the first trouble...
I have an Arduino compatible Nano with the 328 chip, running on Linux (Ubuntu 14.04). I tried variations of the "Blink" example and everything was fine. After every variation I did a new upload and the new example ran.

Now I have connected the power-, GND-, SCL_, and SDA-pin to a pressure sensor and then I put the USB connector into the board. On the sensor there was no power connection. Now there is no upload possible, even after disconnectiong the sensor device. I hit the reset button after or before the upload, or when powering up  the board - no difference...

The error messages are:
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: usbdev_open(): did not find any USB device "usb"

/dev/ttyUSB0 is present, as told by ls

lsusb gives:
richard@neuer:~$ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 031: ID 0403:6001 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT232 USB-Serial (UART) IC
So the Arduino is seen by the PC.

Did I possibly kill the board because of connecting it to an unpowered sensor?

Thanks for helping - Richard

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

SCL,SDA have nothing to do with the Serial lines. Don't see why that would have mattered.
Did you try the loopback test to see if the USB/serial chip is working?

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Hi, I'm Richard and try to make use of the Arduino for connecting measuring devices to the computer. I'm working (officially retired ;-) in an ecological field station (see website) where I try to set up experiments for courses for high school students.
View Profile

Thanks for pointing me to the loopback test. Everything I type appears in the terminal window (Gtkterm) and the two left LEDs of the board flash with every keystroke. But the solution of my problem was so simple that I blush telling this: today I connected the board to a diiferent USB port and everything was fine...
Richard

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

That happens sometimes. Bad cable, flaky port.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: