Go Down

Topic: egg detector robot (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Lord-Troutbeck

hi, I'm trying to design a robot that drives around looking for eggs on the floor then picks them up...does anyone have any ideas about how this could be done?

Thanks in advance :)

zaxarias

hi, I'm trying to design a robot that drives around looking for eggs on the floor then picks them up...does anyone have any ideas about how this could be done?

Thanks in advance :)

Ok, have you made any research or we start from zero ?Looking for egs?
How could, lets say the robot, distinguish an egg from something else? Should it be automated or driven by someone?
This project sounds a bit difficult to me really...
z.p

Lord-Troutbeck

Thanks for the reply. Iv done research and given it a lot of thought...it would need to be automated and there would only be eggs on the floor, nothing else to distinguish from. Would photo transistors be a possibility for detecting?

zaxarias

It could be as simple as using an IR sensor.. Everything else is just matter of good programming !!!  ;)
z.p

oric_dan

I don't know if they still exist, but there was the AvrCam that used a cmos camera, and was able to recognize and track round colored objects like orange balls, etc.

Chagrin

I don't know if they still exist, but there was the AvrCam that used a cmos camera, and was able to recognize and track round colored objects like orange balls, etc.

You might be thinking of CMUcam.

Go Up