Go Down

Topic: Arduino network relay (Read 566 times) previous topic - next topic

Serasidis

Sep 20, 2014, 03:22 pm Last Edit: Sep 20, 2014, 03:24 pm by Serasidis Reason: 1
Hi, I don't know if this is the correct forum to post my new arduino project. if it's not, please tell me where to post it.

My new project is called 'Network relay' and is been made on arduino nano, ENC28j60 ethernet module (it can be used the W5100 ethernet module too) and the AM2302 humidity / temperature sensor. It has an output (relay) and an isolated input (optocoupler). The circuit can be controller through your local network or Internet by forwarding  the port 10000 from your ADLS router to the 'Network relay' circuit.
For controlling the relay (ON/OFF) and reading the switch (input) status, I wrote an android application and can be downloaded for free from Google play
The whole project (schematic, sketch video presentation etc) is published on my web site: http://www.serasidis.gr/circuits/NetworkRelay/NetworkRelay.htm

I am waiting your comments
Vassilis Serasidis

ntruchsess

cool stuff :-), thank you for linking my library.

some remarks:

- a few lines about the dependencies (how to install...) would be great.
- you should avoid use of String-class for serialData. You can easily corrupt the memory by sending a long message that does not contain the '*' character. Same might happen if the bandwidth is low as you leave the loop after timeout closing the client without releasing serialData. Use a static allocated fixed size char[] and check number of received bytes to ensure staying within the boundaries will be more robust.

prnet

Sep 22, 2014, 12:33 pm Last Edit: Sep 22, 2014, 12:55 pm by prnet Reason: 1
Nice project, I was involved in a similar build one year ago (you can find it in the project gallery).
I'm going to take a deeper look at the code.
Thanks
Paolo

Serasidis

Sep 22, 2014, 05:03 pm Last Edit: Sep 22, 2014, 05:05 pm by Serasidis Reason: 1

cool stuff :-), thank you for linking my library.

some remarks:

- a few lines about the dependencies (how to install...) would be great.

Do you mean, how to install the additional libraries (DHT, UIPEthernet) on Arduino IDE libraries folder ?

- you should avoid use of String-class for serialData. You can easily corrupt the memory by sending a long message that does not contain the '*' character. Same might happen if the bandwidth is low as you leave the loop after timeout closing the client without releasing serialData. Use a static allocated fixed size char[] and check number of received bytes to ensure staying within the boundaries will be more robust.

You are absolutely right! I fixed that on source code v1.01

Serasidis

Nice project, I was involved in a similar build one year ago (you can find it in the project gallery).
I'm going to take a deeper look at the code.
Thanks
Paolo

Very nice job Paolo! I found your project on instructables web site.

Go Up