Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Good Tutorial To Learn 7" LCD Screen With Shield For Arduino Mega or Due?  (Read 471 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Perhaps I missed it but I don't see we're you've identified the processor you are using.
So, which is it? A Mega or a Due?

Also:
CTE70CPLD is not a model the library understands.

Incorrect. That is a valid model and is exactly what the OP should be using. If he has a Mega, the correct UTFT model would be:

UTFT myGLCD(CTE70CPLD,38,39,40,41);

If the type CTE70CPLD is not recognized, you have a older, out of date version of UTFT and you should download the current version from the UTFT website.

Also be sure to select the correct 800x480 demo from the AVR choices, not the ARM versions. Once you have the correct demo sketch open, change the display type from ITDB50 to CTE70CPLD and that should run without further drama. You do not need any SD cards to run the UTFT demo.

Finally, if you are using a Due, you have the wrong shield. You need this version: http://www.ebay.com/itm/TFT-SD-Shield-for-Arduino-DUE-TFT-LCD-Module-SD-Card-Adapter-2-8-3-2-inch-Mega-/121057447668?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 08:50:12 pm by avr_fred » Logged

View Profile

I'm using the Mega, and thanks for all the tips.   smiley

Queens, New York
Faraday Member
"Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most" -Ozzy Osbourne
View Profile

Incorrect. That is a valid model and is exactly what the OP should be using. If he has a Mega, the correct UTFT model would be:

Yea, I haven't updated the library in about 2 months(maybe longer), but the only thing that changes with the models is the screen resolution and mode. The 7" screens are usually 480x800 and 16bit, which should work with the models I told him to use. I can't update the library right now, the site is under maintenance.

Created Libraries:
TFT_Extension, OneWireKeypad, SerialServo, (UPD)WiiClassicController, VWID

View Profile

I got it working.  Turns out the arduino doesn't provide enough power to the screen on it's own, so you have to use the DC power supply.  Hooked it up, and the red/white lines vanished, and it ran through the demo.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: