Go Down

Topic: Rubik's cube Robot solver (Read 132602 times) previous topic - next topic

kas

This mess can be generated by several factors
 - bad claws relative position
 - inaccurate 90° rotation
 - insufficient claw/cube grip

Please post a video showing a typical hung up

kas

Apr 11, 2018, 07:46 am Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 10:43 am by kas
Your claws are too low

Move each wrist servo holder plate 2/3mm upward

The key moment is at 0:10
(for slow motion, set YouTube video speed to X .25)

At this very moment, is the cube seated on the base of the claws??

Slick36

I will shim the holder plates with washers and report the results here.

kas

Hi Kas,

can you please send me the android app you used to solve the cube through the web based server?

I'm am now planning on how I'm going to make the cube solver but i want to have all my software ready before i buy the parts for cost reasons.
i originally thought of making a color sensor rotate on a servo reading each square individually but it would take alot of time to finish and since i already have an android phone.. it wasn't cost effective.

Thanks!
Hi Snipz
Please let me have your email address via PM

Snipz

here's my email

9sniper6@gmail.com

thank you!

kas

Apr 28, 2018, 12:46 pm Last Edit: Apr 28, 2018, 01:30 pm by kas
here's my email
xxxx@gmail.com

thank you!
I said via PM    ;)
Do yourself a favor, edit your message and remove your personal info

EDIT: check your mail

joashsamual

Found the .dxf export option  ;)

Arduino Forum only accept doc, gif, jpg, mpg, pdf, png, txt, zip, c, h, cpp, ino, pde extentions
Please remove the txt extention after downloading the files

how do i open those files and with what program?

kas

Hi joashsamual

How do you plan to build the gripper, CNC or 3D printing ??
Let me know

Souli

Hello Kass!

I just finished the hadrware part of my project (for school) , the only thing I still need to work on is the

final version of the software, altough I have no idea how I should start making this....

And I need to handle it in 3 weeks for school  :o  :smiley-confuse:

Can you write me in a short message or mail how I should begin making this? (I already read the entire forum and didn't find anything useful)

Thanks in advance!
S

vffgaston

Hello Kass!

I just finished the hadrware part of my project (for school) , the only thing I still need to work on is the

final version of the software, altough I have no idea how I should start making this....

And I need to handle it in 3 weeks for school  :o  :smiley-confuse:

Can you write me in a short message or mail how I should begin making this? (I already read the entire forum and didn't find anything useful)

Thanks in advance!
S
Hi,

Guess you need, as first step, knowing the "algorithm" to solve the cube; try looking for a book on it.
Another concern is to "read" the actual cube situation to know where to start: perhaps by using those colour recognition LED's ...

(Three weeks looks quite constrained ...)

Regards

Souli

Hi,

Guess you need, as first step, knowing the "algorithm" to solve the cube; try looking for a book on it.
Another concern is to "read" the actual cube situation to know where to start: perhaps by using those colour recognition LED's ...

(Three weeks looks quite constrained ...)

Regards
Hi,

First of all I want to thank you for your answer!
I actually want to make it myself easy,  I would like to enter the colors of the Rubik's cube manually on the computer (with cube explorer) and let the servo's do the rest of the work. See you what I mean?

Sorry for my bad English I am from Belgium

kas

May 15, 2018, 09:53 am Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 09:54 am by kas
I already read the entire forum and didn't find anything useful
:o  :o  :o
If you didn't find anything useful, then I am afraid I can't help you anymore
Please have a second read

@vffgaston
There is two bot versions (webcam and Android)
The algorithm to solve the cube is done by  Cube Explorer for the webcam version
for the Android version, resolution is performed on line using a dedicated web server located in Montreal, Canada (post #1)

vffgaston

See you what I mean?
Hi,
Perfectly (your english, I think, is more than acceptable; any case, I'm spaniard).
I was thinking on advicing you to do so (entering the cube "state" by hand, then concentrating on the problem of solving it: good idea).
Last week I watched a video on a robot solving the cube: if you have the movement problem solved (I mean, you have written and tested the routines to turn the whole cube so that it is in the position you want and to rotate the end "stage" -I dont know how to refer to the 9 small cubes that are in one top of the cube-, your problem is just the logic to solve the cube -the data inside the program to keep track of the cube state has to be a little tricky, but nothing unsolvable).
I told you to look for a book ... Have you googled for that?. Sure you can find miriads of WEBs ...
Regards

Souli

May 15, 2018, 10:03 am Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 10:05 am by Souli
:o  :o  :o
If you didn't find anything useful, then I am afraid I can't help you anymore
Please have a second read

@vffgaston
There is two bot versions (webcam and Android)
The algorithm to solve the cube is done by  Cube Explorer for the webcam version
for the Android version, resolution is performed on line using a dedicated web server located in Montreal, Canada (post #1)

No no that's not what I mean, I have no experience in programming... So I was verry confused when I saw all those programms on the forum

Go Up