Go Down

Topic: Arduino.exe doesn´t open!!!!!! (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

eduardo_d

Hi forum!
A very strange thing is happening! I can´t run arduino.exe file in order to program my arduino. Everything was running perfect until today.
Now I open the arduino.exe file, it opens the blue rectangle with the about informations, and then after 1 minute I get a message box titled as "Launch4j" with the message "an error occured while staeting the appllication".
If I click OK the blue window desapears, and after 2 minutes the skecth IDE appears. But I cant load any program to the board... :P
After 2 minutes a new sketch with the same name appears, and so on.... :o

I´m running the last version-> arduino-0018
I´m using windows XP and everything runs well during 2 months till now!
In the meanwhile I update java and i still get the same error.
I installed Processing yesterday!This behaviour could be generated by Processing? (I think that is not caused by it !)

HELP ME PLEASE! I want to give a try with my brand new accelarometer  ;D

Best regards!

Eduardo

PaulS

I doubt that installing Processing caused the problem. But, you could try un-installing it to see if that makes a difference.

eduardo_d

Thanks for the reply!
I forgot to say that I also delete the arduino folder, downloaded a new one, and installed it again...but it still having the same behaviour  >:(

PaulS

The Arduino IDE comes with a version of java that may not be compatible with the version you have.

Try renaming the java folder in the arduino-0018 directory, and see if that resolves the problem.

eduardo_d

Hi Paul!
Thanks, I discovered what was happening! ;D
I installed a Bluetooth device few days ago! I don´t know why but I closed it and everything is running well again!
Hope this can help any people facing the same problem!

Thanks for your reply! :D

Cheers
Eduardo

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy