Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: only can download program once  (Read 404 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I have a prolem. I hope somebody can help me. :'(
My Arduino MEGA board can only download program once after i burn the bootloader. When I download another program, it tells error:
avrdude: stk500_getsync (): not in sync: resp = 0x00 avrdude: stk500_disable (): protocol error, expect = 0x14, resp = 0x51.
So every time when i want to download program, I have to burn bootloader again. I set the fuse bits as follows: Low FF; high DA; extension bit FF; encryption digital FF.
So please give me some advice. Thanks

Denmark
Cool platform
View Profile

Hi swseansw,

Although I did not have similar problems (yet) the 'avrdude error' thread (http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1187909552/105#105) helped me to find the error and make it work.
Maybe after the bootloader is loaded the communication speed on the USB serial port is set to different value compared to your settings!? See also my last post in the above mentioned thread.

I hope it helps!
IzK

USA
Arduino rocks
View Profile

A little know fact about the Arduino environment is you can hold the SHIFT key down when you click UPLOAD. It turns on verbose mode and allows you to see exactly what Avrdude is sending to the arduino and what is coming back.

I ran into the same problem you are having trying to get the bootloader to work on an 8mhz 2560. I had to reduce the baudrate in both the bootloader and the boards.txt file.

Mark

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: