Go Down

Topic: Some Digital pins jumpy (Read 568 times) previous topic - next topic

Somenutter

Jun 11, 2010, 03:52 pm Last Edit: Jun 11, 2010, 03:54 pm by Somenutter Reason: 1
I can get a simple 127 off value and a 0 on value for pin 0 2 and 12 on my arduino and it works smooth. the others however jump when they are not pressed. why is this? I am just using simple switches and force resister inputs. Please help, oh and i'm using the black widow, with the wireless, although i am just using the usb to connect

AWOL

What is a "simple 127 off value" ?
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

Somenutter

Jun 11, 2010, 06:35 pm Last Edit: Jun 11, 2010, 06:36 pm by Somenutter Reason: 1
sorry, i run the arduino through JunXion, it turns the input into midi data. I suppose i mean just on and off. JunXion translates it to those values. So i get a jumpy on off values on the other pins. 0 2 and 12 work fine and are completely stable.

AWOL

the others however jump when they are not pressed

What are they connected to?

Do they have pullups or pulldowns?
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

Somenutter

i connect them straight to force resistors, all those start at 127 and then i apply force and the increased resistance pulls it down to zero. I connect them to the ground
The other switches are off an old electric organ. I ripped the bass pedals off and they simple complete the circuit when pressed. i have the connected to the 5V through to the digital pins.

retrolefty

straight to force resistors

Well as old as I am and with decades of working in electronics that is a new term for me. Did you make it up or is it a word used in some specialty area?

If you really want help you need to post a schematic and any code you are using, otherwise words like force resistors just get in the way.

Lefty

Steve S

I suspect the OP means Force Sensitive Resistors, such as:

http://www.oomlout.co.uk/force-sensitive-resistor-fsr-interlink-402-p-205.html

If that is the case, then I suspect that he should be reading them using analog ports, and using a voltage divider type setup.

Go Up