Go Down

Topic: Custom calendar-clock and time calculator (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic

Moongazer

[font=Comic Sans MS]Wanted a 4 x 40, dot-matrix, character-LCD, but in a large size so it would be easily visible in a large room. Had my eye on this one ...  lumex.com/product.aspx?id=449, but they're not making it any more and there's no stock left anywhere. Only way to get it is to order a truckload of them from Taiwan and they'll reopen the production line. (There are similar ones about half that size on the same site. Could go with them if no other solution presents itself.)

This is an unusually large size. I have found only one other like it. It's listed at the very bottom of this page: powertipusa.com/lcdc.htm, but I found out that the one retailer who has any stock of them wants the equivalent of $242 (Australian) each and woulda cost me an addition $118 (Australian) in shipping charges. Woulda blown the budget completely outa the water.

In the end, I'll just have to go with what I can (affordably) get. (sigh.)
[/font]

mem

I would guess these would require a lot of work to get going: http://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/prodinfo.asp?number=G14876

but they sure are cheap if you can get them to work.

Go Up