Go Down

Topic: supply voltage to a chip without the arduino's 5V (Read 448 times) previous topic - next topic

cutefatfat

I have a chip which needs 2 kinds of voltage supply, one is 5v working in operation mode, for mainly useage; the other is 5.5v, it is when I blow the fuses in order to burn the chip, but this is only for once.
The chip is connected in a circuit, and then I connect boarduino to the circuit with its 5V voltage supply, Ground, and two digital pins to write and read code (talk to the chip). With the default value in the chip, and it works well under this voltage supply when I haven't burn the chip with the values I want.
The question is , I have to burn the chip with my expected value in order to run the chip later in operation mode. But I don't have a LM317 voltage regulator.
If I use a 6v (four 1.5v AA battery) for the chip as voltage supply and connect the two digital pins to the chip from arduino, will the chip work and can I still program the chip?
Here is the link to the chip
http://www.analog.com/en/amplifiers-and-comparators/instrumentation-amplifiers/AD8555/products/product.html

Grumpy_Mike

If I use a 6v (four 1.5v AA battery) for the chip as voltage supply and connect the two digital pins to the chip from arduino, will the chip work

The data sheet says the absolute rating for the chip is 6V. That means anything over 6V is guaranteed to damage it, and operation at 6V will as well over time. The specification says the maximum working voltage is 5.5V. Fresh AA will give you over 1.5V so your idea will not work.

cutefatfat

Go Up