Go Down

Topic: Servo Randomizer with ease problems... (Read 299 times) previous topic - next topic

gumby

Hello everyone.

I am very new to programming and I am doing my best here, so forgive me if this is sub-standard work. Here is my issue. I am trying to set a random value for a servo, then use an ease function to chase the random value with the servo position. When the servo position value is reached, set a new random position, and lather, rinse, repeat. I have tried about four thousand variations of this and keep getting the serial port reporting lots of zeros. Does anyone see what I am doing wrong? I suspect that I will need to eventually define a zone as being close enough to the number to be seen as that number so the division doesn't go on infinitely, but I would be happy right now seeing some of the values change as they get closer to the servo position asked for by the random number.

Here is the code.
Code: [Select]
#include <Servo.h>

Servo servo1;
float spd = 2;
float ran = random(0,180);
float ease;
float current;
float noopos;

void setup()
{
servo1.attach(2);
Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop()
{
if (servo1.read() != ran)
{
 ease=(ran/spd);
 current = servo1.read();
 noopos = (ease - current);
 servo1.write(noopos);
 delay(10);
}

else
{
   ran = random(0,180);
}
}

Hopefully someone will have some insight. I tried using the delay function to reduce the speed of the servo, but it was choppy and ugly, so I am hoping this is a better way to get the results I am looking for. Thanks in advance for any information/insight on this problem.

Peace,

Gumby

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy