Go Down

Topic: Can't upload sketch! (Read 10 times) previous topic - next topic

youngrobot

All OK,

it all works fine now - we actually were using Pin1 without realizing that was also the Tx pin hence all the gibberish we were seeing.

Thanks

The Bark Petition

I had this problem too.  Checked Ports in Device Manager, and saw that two out of three that software allowed me to pick were in use.  Picked the one labeled USB Serial Port (which happened to be COM7), and thereafter everything worked properly.

MiG

Hi All

I recently got my hands on two arduino boards, one is the 'official' Arduino duemilanove (Decimilia), on is the Seeeduino (decimila with SMD components).

Having started using the Seeeduino, I had the same problem as others on this thread, namely:

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x30
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

However, when flipping over to the Duemilanove, the board worked first time.

The Seeeduino was billed as beign totally compatible to the original Decimilia... so just putting this out there in case there is a bug in that particular version of the board.....

lwhi

I had a similar problem - and thought it was caused by sending out too much info on the serial port.

I ended up editing ~/.arduino/preferences.txt:

Code: [Select]
serial.debug_rate=9600

And this did the  trick.

red_red

Same problem. But somewhere accidentaly it just uploaded once...

Then I found that the Arduino exe was very slow with prompting ''binary sketch size ...". When you reset the board at this moment (seconds later in my case) it works!

:-?

Go Up