Go Down

Topic: Problem uploading sketch to Breadboard, getting er (Read 10 times) previous topic - next topic

Grumpy_Mike

Yes and this assumes that the PC end is spot on, this has a tolerance too and if you take that into account it halves the margin of error you can allow for your arduino.

liudr

AMOTY is using an FTDI chip so the PC side only deals with USB. The problem only occurs between FTDI and Arduino.

krakatoa

I have just connected my Freduino to a desktop PC running Windows XP , the USB driver loaded correctly and all look well untill I tried to upload a sketch when it failed with a similar error to AMOTY

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x951

The board works fine when connected to my laptop also running Windows XP  and it uploads sketches with no problem, any suggestions  :o

krakatoa

Oct 22, 2010, 11:37 am Last Edit: Oct 22, 2010, 11:37 am by krakatoa Reason: 1
Further to my last, I have solved my issue and this might help others. The only difference bewteen my laptop where everything worked and the desktop where the upload failed was the desktop had a newer version of Arduino.exe. So I looked around the settings a bit and sure enough the new software defaults to teh bard with the ATmega 328 chipset whilst mine has the ATmega 168. Once I changed this setting all was well.

The setting is under Tools>Board ;D

AMOTY

Well,  I tried a 16.257 MHz crystal (all I could find locally) and no luck !

Actually, some luck but then strangeness.  I was able to upload... once.  After that I started getting the following error:

Binary sketch size: 1010 bytes (of a 30720 byte maximum)
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

Soo much frustration now.  I suppose I will have to bite the bullet and order a few 16MHz crystals and wait the days it will take to get here.

Anyone have any other hints ?

AMOTY  :'(

Go Up