Go Down

Topic: disable auto-reset by serial connection (Read 16 times) previous topic - next topic

owensr

so this code will work with the usb diecimila? i have problem where the arduino is being powered via battery and when i plug in the usb to collect data from the sram the board resets and i loose all my data  :(

if not will removing those r2 and r3 on the board work. I would like to avoid this....

thanks

cacb

so this code will work with the usb diecimila? i have problem where the arduino is being powered via battery and when i plug in the usb to collect data from the sram the board resets and i loose all my data  :(

if not will removing those r2 and r3 on the board work. I would like to avoid this....
thanks

Yes it is the USB Diecimila. I have only been using it USB powered though. The code works for connecting several timed to the Diecimila over USB/Serial from the same or different PC program, without causing a board reset. I don't know if it would be a problem to power from battery and connect/disconnect USB cable like you say.

owensr

thanks

Yes it is the USB Diecimila. I have only been using it USB powered though. The code works for connecting several timed to the Diecimila over USB/Serial from the same or different PC program, without causing a board reset. I don't know if it would be a problem to power from battery and connect/disconnect USB cable like you say.

I need to know where to put that code (i.e. I'm assuming it goes into the serial client program..... any chance of getting the full source code?)

Thanks again!

cacb

[quote author=cacb

I need to know where to put that code (i.e. I'm assuming it goes into the serial client program..... any chance of getting the full source code?)

Thanks again!

Yes, that code goes into the serial client program running on the PC. Below is a link to a couple of serial port C++ classes I have made for communicating over serial ports on Windows and Linux. That code includes the stuff I mentioned above.

http://arnholm.org/arduino/wxSerPort_20080519.zip

These classes are using the http://www.wxwidgets.org/ library. Essentially instantiate a serial port object using wxSerPort::construct(...) and use the set_hupcl member function to enable/disable "hang-up on close" with the Arduino.

Cybot

on the newest boards (cant remember name the ones without the power jumper) there is a track near the usb port and it has 2 solder pads if you cut the track between these pads the board wont reset and you can solder it back together later
Cybot

Go Up