Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Author Topic: No TCP/IP link,without pressing the reset button  (Read 16664 times)
Lancashire, UK
Edison Member
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

The 100nF capacitor between GND and reset works for me, setting the gateway and subnet doesn't......

Arduino rocks
View Profile

I've always had a gateway and subnet set during my tests. Therefore I hardly believe that SaSaa's solution solved the reset problems in each case.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 10:49:08 am by burni83 » Logged

Edison Member
Have you mooed today?
View Profile

@burni
1. don't connect the reset pin of ethernet shield to the arduino (bend it a little bit away)
2. connect the reset pin of ethernet shield to a digital pin of the arduino

thanks, your solution works very well.
I use your code also to reset Ethernet shield if it hangs (quite often).

As far as you know, that's a problem related to Wiznet 5100 chipset?

Edison Member
Have you mooed today?
View Profile

HI all,
have you seen this:
http://arduino.cc/blog/?p=659

New Ethernet Shield:
We're very happy to announce an updated version of the Arduino Ethernet shield, with some nice new features. This revision incorporates a micro-SD card slot so you can store files to send over the network. It's compatible with the Arduino Mega (using the SPI pins on the ICSP header). It adds a reset controller which should address the problems some people have had getting it to work directly on power-up. All-in-all, we think it's a well-rounded upgrade to a useful product.

It seems that the reset issue is addressed - even if i've not tried this new shield yet.
Any feedback?

Regards
M

Forum Administrator
Cambridge, MA
Faraday Member
View Profile

In my tests, the reset controller on the revised shields seems to fix these problems.  Please let me know if it works for you.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

I am new to the Arduino and can report I have not had any reset issues using the Rev5 EtherShield on a Arduino Mega. It has been plug and play hardware. I am having some connection refused with the library code with connect which brought me to this thread. It's intermittent failure at 1 per 300 or so connections and it fails with connection refused 6100 error code.

Seattle, WA
Arduino rocks
View Profile

I've created my own ethernet shield board using the WIZNET W5100 and reference designs.  Everything works great, however, I just plugged the shield into a Gigbit switch and it fails to start.  When I plug it back into a 10/100 it works fine.  Any ideas?  It should just operate at 10/100, or is the gig-switch having issues?

« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 12:22:07 pm by Mavromatis » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Jump to: