Go Down

Topic: No TCP/IP link,without pressing the reset button (Read 18641 times) previous topic - next topic

pluggy

The 100nF capacitor between GND and reset works for me, setting the gateway and subnet doesn't......
http://pluggy.is-a-geek.com/index.html

burni

Apr 16, 2010, 05:48 pm Last Edit: Apr 16, 2010, 05:49 pm by burni83 Reason: 1
I've always had a gateway and subnet set during my tests. Therefore I hardly believe that SaSaa's solution solved the reset problems in each case.

pitusso

@burni

1. don't connect the reset pin of ethernet shield to the arduino (bend it a little bit away)
2. connect the reset pin of ethernet shield to a digital pin of the arduino

thanks, your solution works very well.
I use your code also to reset Ethernet shield if it hangs (quite often).

As far as you know, that's a problem related to Wiznet 5100 chipset?

pitusso

HI all,
have you seen this:
http://arduino.cc/blog/?p=659

New Ethernet Shield:
We're very happy to announce an updated version of the Arduino Ethernet shield, with some nice new features. This revision incorporates a micro-SD card slot so you can store files to send over the network. It's compatible with the Arduino Mega (using the SPI pins on the ICSP header). It adds a reset controller which should address the problems some people have had getting it to work directly on power-up. All-in-all, we think it's a well-rounded upgrade to a useful product.

It seems that the reset issue is addressed - even if i've not tried this new shield yet.
Any feedback?

Regards
M

mellis

In my tests, the reset controller on the revised shields seems to fix these problems.  Please let me know if it works for you.

Nekota

I am new to the Arduino and can report I have not had any reset issues using the Rev5 EtherShield on a Arduino Mega. It has been plug and play hardware. I am having some connection refused with the library code with connect which brought me to this thread. It's intermittent failure at 1 per 300 or so connections and it fails with connection refused 6100 error code.

Mavromatis

Nov 08, 2010, 06:21 pm Last Edit: Nov 08, 2010, 06:22 pm by Mavromatis Reason: 1
I've created my own ethernet shield board using the WIZNET W5100 and reference designs.  Everything works great, however, I just plugged the shield into a Gigbit switch and it fails to start.  When I plug it back into a 10/100 it works fine.  Any ideas?  It should just operate at 10/100, or is the gig-switch having issues?

Go Up