Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: not responding  (Read 563 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

.I am new to using arduino and this was just like my 3rd project. I was running a line following robot circuit on my arduino duemilanove, and suddenly the board stopped responding. I took off all wires and checked the board for heating. The area right below the Atmega328 was super hot. what does this do to affect the board and what may have caused this and how could I repair this, if this can be repired at all.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Sounds like you overstressed your outputs with too much current going thru the pins & damaged the ATMega chip. Likely need to replace the chip, and put some current limiting resisters in your outputs, or possibly add external drive transistors that can handle more current for whatever you have connected.
Post your schematic so we can give better suggestions.

Update your profile to include location so we can suggest country specific help for locating parts if needed.

Robert
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 12:39:11 am by CrossRoads » Logged

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Hyderabad , India
God Member
can't help not to think arduinaizing something !
View Profile

HI ROOPAK ,
well your name sounds indian ! actually even i am roopak  smiley
you'll need to get a atmega 328 and replace it but as crossroads  said you need to fill out your profile so that we could give more details there are many places you could get a atmega mcu  smiley-wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: