Go Down

Topic: avrdude error (Read 46 times) previous topic - next topic

wizdum

I had this problem, and I was just now able to solve it by using a modified method from this thread. I am using a sparkfun FT232R breakout board, and a breadboard arduino tutorial from here. I use the usb breakout board to provide +5v, gnd, TX, and RX. To get the sketch to upload, I plug in the usb cable, hold down the reset button on the arduino, and then release the reset button when the "code compiled" message comes up.

I am using Windows 7.
"Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation."

Electronic props for Airsoft, paintball, and laser tag -> www.nightscapetech.com

biocow

Nov 17, 2010, 06:39 am Last Edit: Nov 17, 2010, 06:41 am by biocow Reason: 1
I'm using an intel Mac and had the rapid flashing pin 13 problem. It started I think because I'm dual boot with windows and rebooted into window while the arduino was plugged in but I don't ever use it on the windows side. When I switched back to Mac later I noticed the Rapid flashing and I couldn't upload a new sketch.

I finally fixed it using the method of holding the reset while I plugged it in, uploading a sketch and letting go of reset right after compiling ended and upload was just starting.

Hope this helps someone some day.
10 PRINT CHR$(7)
20 GOTO 10

LALOYO

i have this error when i m trying to upload my program on arduino atmega328 on XP:
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

i coose my com6 and the board. Plz someone can help me?

ExuZ

I had this very same problem with my brand new arduino nano v3.0
It turned out that my nano had a 168 chip, not 328, wich i was certain it had. When this was corrected in the IDE, everything works great.

Go Up