Go Down

Topic: We've figured it out. Problem solved!! (Read 5797 times) previous topic - next topic

CrossRoads

Please remember to use the current limit resisters.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

AKSoapy29

Right I have those two. Any suggestions? The anode should be 5V, but it's grounded right now due to the fact that the pins a 5V out.
Andrew K.

CrossRoads

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

AKSoapy29

Quote:
The problem is, I need to reverse the power from Ground to 5V.

No you don't you need to wire it up the other way round. Wire the common anode to +5v then from each cathode lead of the LED connect it first to a resistor then the arduino output. That's 3 outputs.
The writing LOW to the pin turns on the LED and writing HIGH turns it off.

This one? That's the way they are. I'll flip them in the morning.
Andrew K.

AKSoapy29

Just by switching the pin, and changing the program a little, it works!! Now is there a library for motors?
Andrew K.

PaulS

Now is there a library for motors?

A motor get power and spins, or doesn't get power and doesn't spin. Whether it gets power or not is determined by the setting of a pin. You need a library for this?

Or, are you talking about some specific kind of motor, like servos or steppers? There are libraries for these.

CrossRoads

it would seem so

http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1290165847

search the forum, motors comes up a lot.

AKSoapy29

Have you ever heard of VeX Robotics? http://www.vexrobotics.com/

I'm trying to use on of there motors (Which worked), but I did it in the servo library. http://www.vexrobotics.com/products/accessories/motion/276-2163.html

I know this works cause other people have done it before.
Andrew K.

CrossRoads

I have heard of VEX. Not much into mechanical stuff myself.

AKSoapy29

So how would I control one of those motors?
Andrew K.

CrossRoads

I would start with posting the question under a new thread, along with the VEX motor link and some discussion of what you did previously.  No one is going to see questions on motors 5 pages into this thread.
See you in the new thread!

AKSoapy29

Andrew K.

AKSoapy29

Dec 27, 2010, 08:20 pm Last Edit: Dec 27, 2010, 08:27 pm by Soapy29 Reason: 1
[size=24]POST DONE! PROBLEM SOLVED!! :D[/size]
Andrew K.

Go Up