Go Down

Topic: Windows XP won't recognise driver and install (Read 24 times) previous topic - next topic

LeftBrain

Oct 19, 2010, 09:08 am Last Edit: Oct 19, 2010, 11:02 pm by MicroStan Reason: 1
Tried for 6 hours, up until 3am on a work night. Windows XP home will not find and/or recognise the drivers. Please help before I wing my Uno out the window.

LeftBrain

Update - After much internet research and hearing the common theme 'this doesn't work' that doesn't work' can't do this ' can't get that to work' I'm finished with Arduino. I've been programing with other micro controllers for years with much success and will be sticking with those. Lesson learned.

DustinB

I don't have an UNO, but I had no problem installing. How did you try and install?

You should let the window box pop up, then specify the location to search. Select the arduino/drivers folder and windows should do the rest. You may have to do it twice as sometimes the "found new hardware" thing seems to pop up 2 instances.

No sense in getting frustrating and saying "I quit". What kind of thing to say is that for someone messing with DIY electronics. When you have a problem you don't submit and move on, you beat that problem into submission! A few more details would definitely help others help you.

pluggy

I'd be prepared to wager money, that if Windows was scrubbed and re-installed , it would work straight off.........

LeftBrain

Oct 20, 2010, 02:01 am Last Edit: Oct 20, 2010, 02:01 am by MicroStan Reason: 1
Dustin, I like how you think, you are right.

Installing the drivers should be the easiest thing about this though.

I've posted here, scoured the internet and even contacted FTDI with no success (FTDI said not their product not their problem by the way. Contrary to the suggested direction to go in other threads).

After spending nine hours on this the next step is to scour computer files, com port configs, PID and VID files but I'd rather put the Uno back in it's box and wait for the makers to publish executable driver disks.

Pluggy if what you mean is, to format and recover my OS, thanks, I've thought of that to but it shouldn't be that hard to install drivers

All in all I'm having to much fun with other microcontroller platforms that are fully supported.

Go Up