Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Can't upload to arduino pro mini  (Read 9077 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Sorry my mistake. Try select arduino duemilanove AtMega 328

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Tried and nothing happened.

And here's a video of what happens:

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

You have a wire of Rx or Tx, can't tell which - remove that.
Any part of your circuit on RxTx can and likely will interfere with programming.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Sorry, didn't understand...  :-[

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

The FTDI adapter talks to the ATMega chip over the Rx & Tx lines - I can see that you have a wire on one of those going to something else in your circuit. Pull out that wire while you are programming - better yet, pull the promini out of the breadboard to program it.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Hmm, yep, already tried this. And already tried uploading to the board while not in protoboard. Same problem...

:'(

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Hi, after a long time (like I said) it worked! But when soldering the FTDI pins I destroyed the board a little bit and some pins of the FTDI aren't making contact. I already connected the FTDI to the other TX and RX pins, but don't know what to do with the 2 pins that are missing (the other 2 are VCC and GND). I know one is reset, but which one? And where I connect the other one? (when I connect the FTDI to the broken pins, the green led starts blinking so fast, like with delay(30)smiley-wink
Thanks, here's a video:

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
View Profile

I don't understand why you removed the header.

Anyway, look at the promini schematic.
http://arduino.cc/en/uploads/Main/Arduino-Pro-Mini-schematic.pdf
You need the connections on JP1. GND, GND, VCC, RXI, TXO, you can solder a small wire to the other header pins along the side to connect those.
DTR, which creates the RESET signal, is tougher.
That is the hole next to the RAW pin. On my 328 based Promini it goes to the inner end of the little capacitor that is right next to the TXO pin.

If you have this board instead, it is different - this is different than the newer 328 boards I have.
http://arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardProMini

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: