Go Down

Topic: Arduino quit working (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

smeezekitty

Oh great.
Sparkfun is out of 328s with arduino bootloader.
Avoid throwing electronics out as you or someone else might need them for parts or use.
Solid state rectifiers are the only REAL rectifiers.
Resistors for LEDS!

CrossRoads

Try www.gravitech.us, showing 24 in stock
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

smeezekitty

Avoid throwing electronics out as you or someone else might need them for parts or use.
Resistors for LEDS!

smeezekitty

ICs & flux pen ordered.
< $20 so if I solder it right, technically its economical because a new arduino in $30. Sure there is a new Arduino out but I am happy with a delumnove.
Resistors for LEDS!

smeezekitty

I successfully removed the chip lifting a few unused pads in the process.  :(
Still haven't  received the flux pen and I was so anxious to try it out I installed a new 328 and clamped the new FTDI chip in with a clothes-pen.
It works perfectly  :)
Resistors for LEDS!

CrossRoads

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.

smeezekitty

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I HATE SURFACE MOUNT!!!
All was going well until I pressed to hard and bent a pin.
Then I was struggling to keep up with fixing bent pins, moved traces and solder bridges.
I finally got it in correctly and it does not work.
When I plug it in, the TX light blinks briefly but it does not recognize the USB device.
Did I overheat the chip? Or did I mess up the pads? or is one of the contacts not making contact?
Resistors for LEDS!

smeezekitty

Never mind.
Its working  8-)
I had a bunch of solder bridges.
Resistors for LEDS!

CrossRoads

Go Up