Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: arduino with parallel programmer need help  (Read 4784 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi everyone this is what happened i fried my avr 328p i got a new one with know bootloader so i made a  parallel programmer to upload the bootloader arduino ide gives me this error    

avrdude: AVR device not responding
avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1
avrdude: Yikes!  Invalid device signature.
avrdude: Expected signature for ATMEGA328P is 1E 95 0F
 ***failed;  
avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x0000
         0x05 != 0x07
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch

then i used ponyprog to burn a hex it worked
then used avrdude from cmd and it worked to but when i try to uploaded a sketch from arduino ide using com3 it does not work
so now i don't what to use the bootloader because i can not get it to work so i wont to upload  sketchs from arduino ide using my  parallel programmer i found a post on this site showing how to setup every thing up but when i try to upload a  sketch i get

avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1
avrdude: Yikes!  Invalid device signature.
avrdude: Expected signature for ATMEGA328P is 1E 95 0F
avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x0000
         0x0c != 0xff
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch

here is my preferences.txt

update.id=-2058853089427288874
target=arduino
export.application.platform.windows=true
preproc.save_build_files=false
preproc.substitute_floats=true
run.options=
run.display=1
editor.divider.size=2
serial.port=COM1
preproc.enhanced_casting=true
editor.divider.size.windows=2
editor.font=Monospaced,plain,12
console.auto_clear=true
console.output.file=stdout.txt
last.sketch.count=0
export.application.platform=true
default.window.height=600
export.application.stop=true
serial.parity=N
serial.databits=8
board=atmega328
preproc.output_parse_tree=false
editor.external=false
editor.indent=true
last.screen.height=1024
upload.using=parallel
run.present.bgcolor=#666666
preproc.web_colors=true
editor.tabs.expand=true
run.present.stop.color=#cccccc
parallel.protocol=pony-stk200
preproc.color_datatype=true
last.screen.width=1280
export.application.platform.linux=true
export.application.platform.macosx=true
editor.antialias=false
export.applet.separate_jar_files=false
editor.tabs.size=2
console.error.file=stderr.txt
preproc.substitute_unicode=true
console=true
run.present.exclusive.macosx=true
console.lines=4
run.options.memory.maximum=256
browser.linux=mozilla
preproc.imports=java.applet,java.awt,java.awt.image,java.awt.event,java.io,java.net,java.text,java.util,java.util.zip,java.util.regex
update.check=true
last.sketch0.path=C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Blink_hex\Blink_hex.pde
run.window.bgcolor=#D4D0C8
sketchbook.path=C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Arduino
last.sketch0.location=440,262,500,600,427
update.last=1293065346146
export.delete_target_folder=true
platform.auto_file_type_associations=true
default.window.width=500
editor.caret.blink=true
serial.stopbits=1
serial.debug_rate=9600
run.options.memory.initial=64
run.options.memory=false
editor.invalid=false
editor.font.macosx=Monaco,plain,10
export.application.fullscreen=false
console.length=500
run.present.exclusive=false

#############################################

Can someone help me i need to know why the bootloader does not work and how can i just use the parallel programmer i just need to get my arduino working thanks :'( :'(

ਪੰਜਾਬ
Edison Member
Another year! Alone! :(
View Profile

have you changed the upload.using=parallel and port=LPT1?,
also you have to  add a new board in board.txt, i also wanted to do the same loading with parallel but can't figure the way out getting the same problem.
 :o  :-/

"Real Men can Accomplish  Anything"
-  Website  

ਫ਼ਤੇਹ ਕਰੂਂ !

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Has anyone built a parallel programmer that works? and did the pin assignments match this http://arduino.cc/en/Hacking/ParallelProgrammer
Because I built it and it didn't work according to RS232 pin 11 and pin 18 are blank..

Lancashire, UK
Edison Member
View Profile

Try tweaking the parallel port settings in your PC's BIOS.

Its not forced to work, its a cheap fudge that works with some/most PC hardware.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 11:55:20 pm by stephen_t » Logged

Arduino rocks
View Profile

This is what I have found so far..
Does anyone know if the giveio code is open source because I would like to see what it is doing to the parallel.

RS232 Pinout

Parallel Programmer

B        ISCP / ATMEGA8U2-MU / RS232
6       1 / 17 miso2 / 11 blank                ?? 3 receive data                     …ground
5       2 / +5V / not used                         ??not used                               …reset
4       3 / 15 sck2 / 1 protective ground  ?? 13 clear to send                  …mosi2
3       4 / 16 mosi2 / 2 transmit data       ?? 12 Data carrier detected      …sck2
2       5 / 24 reset /16 receive data (2)    ?? 23 Data rate signal detector …+5V
1       6 / ground /18 blank                     ?? 21 Signal quality detector   … moso2

• PDO/MISO/PCINT3 – Port B, Bit 3 PDO, SPI Serial Programming Data Output. During Serial Program Downloading, this pin is used as data output line for the AT90USB82/162. MISO: Master Data input, Slave Data output pin for SPI channel. When the SPI is enabled as a master, this pin is configured as an input regardless of the setting of DDB3. When the SPI is enabled as a slave, the data direction of this pin is controlled by DDB3. When the pin is forced to be an input, the pull-up can still be controlled by the PORTB3 bit. PCINT3, Pin Change Interrupt source 3: The PB3 pin can serve as an external interrupt source.

• PDI/MOSI/PCINT2 – Port B, Bit 2 PDI, SPI Serial Programming Data Input. During Serial Program Downloading, this pin is used as data input line for the AT90USB82/162. MOSI: SPI Master Data output, Slave Data input for SPI channel. When the SPI is enabled as a slave, this pin is configured as an input regardless of the setting of DDB2. When the SPI is enabled as a master, the data direction of this pin is controlled by DDB2. When the pin is forced to be an input, the pull-up can still be controlled by the PORTB2 bit. PCINT2, Pin Change Interrupt source 2: The PB2 pin can serve as an external interrupt source.

• SCK/PCINT1 – Port B, Bit 1 SCK: Master Clock output, Slave Clock input pin for SPI channel. When the SPI is enabled as a slave, this pin is configured as an input regardless of the setting of DDB1. When the SPI0 is enabled as a master, the data direction of this pin is controlled by DDB1. When the pin is forced to be an input, the pull-up can still be controlled by the PORTB1 bit. This pin also serves as Clock for the Serial Programming interface. PCINT1, Pin Change Interrupt source 1: The PB1 pin can serve as an external interrupt source.

• Reset/dW, Bit 1  Reset, Reset input. External Reset input is active low and enabled by unprogramming ("1") the RSTDISBL Fuse. Pullup is activated and output driver and digital input are deactivated when the pin is used as the RESET pin. dW, debugWire channel. When the debugWIRE Enable (DWEN) Fuse is programmed and Lock bits are unprogrammed, the debugWIRE system within the target device is activated. The RESET port pin is configured as a wired -AND (open-drain) bi-directional I/O pin with pull-up enabled and becomes the communication gateway between the target and the emulator.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 04:07:05 pm by billynoe » Logged

Arduino rocks
View Profile

I guess my pics didn't copy over..
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 03:50:09 pm by billynoe » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: