Go Down

Topic: iTunes + Arduino = problem? (Read 863 times) previous topic - next topic

fweens

In fact I bought my MacBook recently so it's the last OS. I've tried to reinstall ITunes but didn't work.. I should try again. Did u have the same pb? Did u solve it?

kg4wsv

I had no problems with the Arduino (or, more specifically, with the FTDI drivers, as I have about 4 devices that use the chipset besides my Arduinos).

My problem was that when I upgraded my G5 imac from tiger to leopard, iTunes no longer saw my iPhone.

I mentioned this because it your problem seemed similar, and I've been doing computer support for enough years to realize that it's possible the Arduino is a red herring and not part of the actual problem, and maybe you really had the same problem I did if you've upgrade OS X lately.

Sorry, nothing to see here, move along.

-j

fweens

OK thanks. Regarding ITunes uninstallation ; did you just put the app in the trash or did you do some "extended" cleaning? If so, which one? I'd like to keep my ITunes library...

kg4wsv

I didn't uninstall -  I just reinstalled over the top of the old one.  No pain, no data loss.

-j

that_chap

Jan 24, 2009, 03:40 pm Last Edit: Jan 24, 2009, 03:42 pm by wdh Reason: 1
Its general 'good advice' to let Disk Utility's First Aid do a 'Verify Permissions' on your disk before (and for the paranoid, after) doing any install/upgrade/update/reinstall. (Do a Repair Permissions if there's any problem found - or just do that first without the preliminary Verify.)

Its a matter of cleaning up before and after potentially sloppy installer programmers, rather than a system thing.
Just a safe habit to develop!

Go Up