Go Down

Topic: Help with writing Crystal Report function(s) (Read 592 times) previous topic - next topic

mbxs3

I am trying to write a custom crystal report that I will use to quickly report on pricing for my business. I sell advertising space where the price varies depending on the day of the week and the time slot that the ad will run. I have created a SQL database and populated it with my pricing data. The way I would like my report to work is as follows:

Report Input Parameters:

1)Ad slot time (can be 1 time slot or as many as 40 time slots. Ex: 8:30, 9:45)
2)Date ad will start (Ex. 12/01/2015)
3)Date ad will end (Ex. 12/31/2015)

Report Output:

8:30 Ad Slot Price for 12/01/2015 through 12/31/2015 = $X.XX
9:45 Ad Slot Price for 12/01/2015 through 12/31/2015 = $X.XX
Total Price for all Selected Ad Slots for 12/01/2015 through 12/31/2015 = $XX.XX

QUESTION/ISSUE DESCRIPTION BELOW:

I am currently stuck on writing a function that will take all of my ad slot times from my first input parameter so that I can use them in calculating the price of each ad slot for the selected date range. I believe I need a dynamic array to hold all of the selected times but am having trouble finding examples on what this might look like.

Robin2

What has this got to do with an Arduino?

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

weedpharma

I was going to say the same but read the description of this section, "anything and everything".

Weedpharma

Robin2

I was going to say the same but read the description of this section, "anything and everything".
Let's apply a bit of common sense and assume it means "anything and everything" about Arduinos and the Arduino system.

Or perhaps we can include discussion about shoeing horses or harvesting wheat   :)  :)  :)

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

weedpharma

Or perhaps we can include discussion about shoeing horses or harvesting wheat   :)  :)  :)

...R
Now that you mention it, I have a problem where my tractor tyre has a slow leak. What is the best way to fix it?

:)  :)

Weedpharma

MorganS

A pitchfork. Turn that slow leak into a fast one, so you have to get it fixed.
"The problem is in the code you didn't post."

Go Up