Go Down

Topic: Android email .ino preview (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Datman

Dec 01, 2015, 05:51 pm Last Edit: Dec 02, 2015, 02:07 pm by Datman
Hi all

I've set my smartphone for reading .ino files by ES file explorer. It works, but when I open an email with the standard client and I try a preview of a .ino attached file I obtain the message "Can't open file". I have to save the file, then open.

I've tried and tried, but preview doesn't work with .ino's.
Does anyone know how to do it?

Thanks.
Gianluca

---------------------- Italian original text: ----------------------

Ho cercato in rete giorno fa, ma non ho trovato soluzione. Ho impostato lo smartphone per aprire i file .ino con un editor, almeno per leggerli, perĂ² quando con il client di serie provo a fare l'anteprima di un .ino allegato a un'email compare il messaggio "impossibile aprire il file". Se lo salvo e poi lo apro, invece, non ci sono problemi.

Ho fatto parecchie prove cambiando impostazioni, ma non ho trovato il modo.
Qualcuno sa come fare?

Grazie!
Gianluca
Hi, I am Gianluca from Roma. I play and work with electronics since I was 16 (1984).
After 25 years of maintenance on cameras and video mixers, since 2013 my job is HD TV studios design.
In Jan 2015 I began playing with Arduino.

Robin2

I'set my smartphone for reading .ino files by ES file explorer. It works, but when I open an email with the standard client and I try a preview of a .ino attached file I obtain the message "Can't open file". I have to save the file, then open.
My guess (and it is no more than that) is that your email program does not know what to do with a .ino file.

Can it open a file with the exact same content if it is a .txt file?

I think there might also be a requirement for the content-type of the file to have been set by the device sending the email. The extension alone may not be sufficient. For example my browser can open some PDFs and not others.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Datman

I've made a test a few minutes ago: I've sent myself two emails with the same file, but the file attached to second email was renamed .txt.

For the .txt renamed file, the smartphone asked for an application. I set ES file explorer and it opened the file. Then I've done the same a second time and it worked without any question.

For the .ino file, the smartphone says "Impossibile visualizzare l'allegato" (=Can't display file). It seems that .ino is an extension known by the email client for other files. The problem is that I can't associate another application to that files. I've done association for the system, but it doesn't work when files have to be opened by the email client... Does the email client have another association table?...
Hi, I am Gianluca from Roma. I play and work with electronics since I was 16 (1984).
After 25 years of maintenance on cameras and video mixers, since 2013 my job is HD TV studios design.

Robin2

Does the email client have another association table?...
That does not seem to be a question for the Arduino Forum.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Datman

You're right, but knowing how to solve it would be also useful for other people...

Robin2

You're right, but knowing how to solve it would be also useful for other people...
Certainly.

When you figure it out, please post the solution here.

...R

blynk

You can try using Blynk. You can send email notifications with a single line of code:
http://docs.blynk.cc/#widgets-notifications-email

Other links that can be helpful:
http://blynk.cc
www.blynk.cc/getting-started

Robin2

You can try using Blynk. You can send email notifications with a single line of code:
http://docs.blynk.cc/#widgets-notifications-email
I don't think that has anything to do with the OP's question. I think he just wants to be able to view stuff that his existing email program has received.

...R

Datman

That's right. It's only a problem of association. It seems that .ino files are associated by default with something and I can't modify it.

Go Up