Go Down

Topic: exit status 1 (Read 125406 times) previous topic - next topic

Danny_John

i have the same problem and I don't know the issue,
 pls help me il provide the code and the error

Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

C:\Users\DJ\AppData\Local\Temp\ccAvpEt3.ltrans0.ltrans.o:(.rodata+0x6): undefined reference to `Print::write(unsigned char const*, unsigned int)'

c:/users/dj/desktop/some stuff/school/mech/arduino/hardware/tools/avr/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/4.9.2/../../../../avr/lib/avr5/crtatmega328p.o:(.init9+0x0): undefined reference to `main'

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

pert

pls help me
Try closing all Arduino IDE windows and then start the Arduino IDE and try again. I think that usually fixed your particular problem.

brianwilson

I'm having the same Error Status 1 problem and can't seem to get to the bottom of it. Have reinstalled 1.8.5 IDE twice now. No difference.

Trying to compile basic humidity and temp sensor sketch. It used to work. I've moved on to trying another when I discovered it would not compile, then moved back and can't even compile this sketch now.

Seems the error status 1 is a fairly basic error - usually about missing folders etc. Have fixed that in past. This however within 'temp' folder is created by IDE (I'm guessing) while trying to compile.

Any pointers/suggestions etc would be welcomed. I'm at my limit of knowledge.

Thanks in advance

Brian
Windows XP SP3, Arduino 1.8.5 java version 1.8 on computer

==================================================
Here is the verbose output - I've removed some of the section that seems to work fine. Problem seems to appear only once it stars generating prototypes.

Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows XP), Board: "Adafruit Feather HUZZAH ESP8266, 80 MHz, 4M (1M SPIFFS), v2 Lower Memory, Disabled, SSL+TLS_MEM+HTTP_CLIENT+HTTP_SERVER+CORE+WIFI+HTTP_UPDATE+UPDATER+OTA+OOM, Only Sketch, 115200"

Generating function prototypes...
"C:\Documents and Settings\brian\Local Settings\Application Data\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\tools\xtensa-lx106-elf-gcc\1.20.0-26-gb404fb9-2/bin/xtensa-lx106-elf-g++" -D__ets__ -DICACHE_FLASH -U__STRICT_ANSI__ "-IC:\Documents and Settings\brian\Local Settings\Application Data\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.4.1/tools/sdk/include" "-IC:\Documents and Settings\brian\Local Settings\Application Data\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.4.1/tools/sdk/lwip2/include" "-IC:\Documents and Settings\brian\Local Settings\Application Data\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.4.1/tools/sdk/libc/xtensa-lx106-elf/include" "-IC:\DOCUME~1\brian\LOCALS~1\Temp\arduino_build_366817/core" -c -w -Os -g -mlongcalls -mtext-section-literals -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -falign-functions=4 -std=c++11  -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -w -x c++ -E -CC -DF_CPU=80000000L -DLWIP_OPEN_SRC -DTCP_MSS=536  -DDEBUG_ESP_SSL -DDEBUG_ESP_TLS_MEM -DDEBUG_ESP_HTTP_CLIENT -DDEBUG_ESP_HTTP_SERVER -DDEBUG_ESP_CORE -DDEBUG_ESP_WIFI -DDEBUG_ESP_HTTP_UPDATE -DDEBUG_ESP_UPDATER -DDEBUG_ESP_OTA -DDEBUG_ESP_OOM -include "umm_malloc/umm_malloc_cfg.h" -DARDUINO=10805 -DARDUINO_ESP8266_ESP12 -DARDUINO_ARCH_ESP8266 -DARDUINO_BOARD="ESP8266_ESP12"   -DESP8266 "-IC:\Documents and Settings\brian\Local Settings\Application Data\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.4.1\cores\esp8266" "-IC:\Documents and Settings\brian\Local Settings\Application Data\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.4.1\variants\adafruit" "C:\DOCUME~1\brian\LOCALS~1\Temp\arduino_build_366817\sketch\sensor-test.ino.cpp" -o "C:\DOCUME~1\brian\LOCALS~1\Temp\arduino_build_366817\preproc\ctags_target_for_gcc_minus_e.cpp"
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Adafruit Feather HUZZAH ESP8266.

Go Up